Options

Feature Idea - View Reminders sent to Clients

PackWebPackWeb Member Posts: 11

Is there a way to view reminders that have been sent to clients? I thought I setup automatic reminders, but I can't remember, and I don't want to manually send a reminder for payment if the client already just received an automatic reminder...

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Packweb,

Information about sent reminders isn't currently available on your Wave account, but I can easily see why that information would be useful.

Do you often use automated reminders? If you do, you should be able to easily keep track of the reminders sent by comparing the parameters of each automated reminder to the invoice's due date. It isn't a perfect solution by any means, but it might still help for the time being.

I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along to our product team. Thank you for taking the time to share!

• Options
    MJSMJS Member Posts: 14

This would have been a great addition to the new Wave, as most services have tracking of anytime an invoice is changed. Having this information handy makes it easier to address issues right away with the clients.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for adding your voice to this discussion, @MJS!

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@PackWeb What information would be most useful for you in tracking these reminders?
    I imagine that it would be the date it was sent and who it was sent to. Is there anything else about the reminder you'd like to know or track? Also, where would you expect to see this information? On the invoice only or when looking at the customer record as well?

• Options

@Rahim I think just on the invoice page is fine, and therefore just the date reminders were sent (since we already know who it was sent to).

Also, since invoices state when they've been sent, viewed, etc., can we have the same for reminders? E.g. can we see if/when a reminder was viewed, or if it was just sent and hasn't been seen yet?

• Options

Just noticed this:

Is that the result of this feature request? If so, great job! :smile:

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

HI @PackWeb

This feature has always been there :smile: I was more curious about your feedback as a feature request to expand that to a more complete history of every reminder sent and the status of whether it was viewed or not. I have those filed and will continue to see how we can improve visibility to you as the business owner for what's happened!

• Options
    dpDesignzdpDesignz Member Posts: 25

@Rahim I think this would be a good feature to have as well. I've noticed reading/watching a few reviews of wave that's something you guys are frequently noted down for is a lack of history on invoices and bills etc. This is one thing Harvest (my time tracking software I use) does well is it shows simple history like when an invoice was sent, reminders sent, invoice viewed, invoice updated, payment received etc. It's just basic information, but very helpful to have when communicating with your customer.

• Options
    pianoteacherpianoteacher Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

I would like a record of reminders I have sent manually, since I don't use automatic reminders. Thanks!

• Options
    cuddlyoilcuddlyoil Member Posts: 4

Keeping track of sent reminders would be a really useful feature to have. Wave, if you can add this, that would be great :-)

• Options
    cuddlyoilcuddlyoil Member Posts: 4

I would also like a record of what was sent, both automatic and manually sent reminders. It would be great to have the time/date that the reminder was sent. I've had someone complain that they have received reminders (they have made a partial payment), and I am unable to answer them on what was sent out.

• Options
    pianoteacherpianoteacher Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Members please leave a comment in the Wave Features discussion:

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/1914/reminder

• Options
    fredbadfredbad Member Posts: 2

I notice this discussion stopped in 2018 - is there any progress since then as it would be great to have a record of all manually sent reminders?

• Options
    JoyaJoya Member Posts: 15

Hi! I'd love this feature for manual reminders too!

• Options
    EMily_2105EMily_2105 Member Posts: 1
    Please this feature will be extremely helpful! For manual reminders
    edited December 10, 2019
  • Options
    ITCTRLITCTRL Member Posts: 1

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone's still interested, but I noticed Wave has a feature that shows how many reminders were sent, and the date that the most recent reminder was sent.

Just look at the invoice in the 'Get Paid' section.

• Options
    Andrew_GeorgeAndrew_George Member Posts: 8

@PackWeb said:
    Is there a way to view reminders that have been sent to clients?...

I too would find this feature extremely beneficial for my business and hope it gets incorporated in Wave soon.

I manage various condominiums, and I find many owners/residents need reminding to pay their dues.
    I cannot use the 'recurring feature' as till I check the bank accounts and update my system it takes time. I use a manual spreadsheet to keep track of when 'reminders' are sent out, but it would improve efficiency drastically if this feature were integrated in the Wave > Invoices page... either as 'Actions' or 'Status' dropdown menu > 'Reminders' > 'Last sent'.

Thanks

• Options
    QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

@Joya @EMily_2105 and @Andrew_George Thank you all for providing +1s to this feature request and for providing some information on why it would benefit your business. Have you had a chance to check out the post above by @ITCTRL ? If you look in the Get Paid section of your invoice, you are able to see the amount of reminders you've sent, as well as the date of the last one sent. It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it can be a useful tool. Thanks @ITCTRL for sharing that with everybody!