American Express Credit Cards

harleyharley Member Posts: 2

I used to be able to connect to AMEX Canada platinum aeroplan card about a year ago. Haven't been able to reconnect now for over 12 months. Keep getting the following message when I try to connect via the "Connect your bank account" page.

"Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center."

Please help ... it's been really painful to have had to enter the transactions manually.

Comments

• Irving0Irving0 Member Posts: 2

Also have an AMEX query although I am able to connect to my AMEX AUS account.

The outstanding balance comes through correctly on the dashboard but no transactions appear in the accounting section?

• harleyharley Member Posts: 2

I have exactly the same situation. My AMEX US account still provides an active feed. My AMEX Canadian account used to work well, but when I couldn’t access the details, I tried to delete and then reconfigure it. No luck even reconnecting, although I’ve been trying for over 12 months now.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @harley and @Irving0,

We use a third-party data provider for our bank connection system. While it allows us to connect to thousands of different banks worldwide, it means we don't have much in the way of direct influence over issues that can crop up. We do report issues to our data provider as they come up, which are then worked on by our data provider following their own priority order.

I can't offer timelines as to when your respective issues will be resolved, but I recommend turning off that connection for now and uploading your statements manually by following these instructions. The process is simple, quick and reliable. Try that and let me know if you run into any issues.