Options

Cannot upload CSV file from paypal

yudovskiyudovski Member Posts: 1

Hi all,
I have just set up my account and am trying to upload my 2017 transactions from paypal.
I have created and downloaded a CSV file from paypal for all of the 2017 transactions, however wave is failing to upload them. It keeps giving me the same error "Oops! Something isn't right. Please correct what's highlighted below." . See attached screenshot

Please let me know if you have an idea what might be the reason.

I know that the paypal file has many columns and wave is only looking for date description credit & debit but the error message does not say anything about that so I am not sure that is the issue.
Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @yudovski,

You won't be able to upload the CSV report downloaded from PayPal directly. You'll have to use some copy-pasting to make it conform to the format accepted by Wave.

Here's what you'll have to do:

• Copy the Amount, Description and Date columns into a new spreadsheet.
    • Copy the merchant fee column at the bottom of the Amount.
    • Copy the Date column again and paste it again at the bottom of the Date column. The order of your merchant fee column should match the order of the dates already if nothing was moved around.
    • As a description for your merchant fee transactions, just put in "PayPal Fee", and copy it next to every merchant fee transaction.
    • Save this spreadsheet as a CSV file.

You should be able to upload your transactions to Wave with that new document. Let me know if you run into any issues.