Options

Estimate Approved

BWI_BWI_ Member Posts: 14

Can wave update estimate status to approved when the estimate has been converted to invoice. it will make it easy to followup on active estimates if we can differentiate them

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, @BWI_!

I can see how that would be a useful feature to have. Could you tell me a bit more about your business and about your workflow with regards to estimates? In what industry do your work? Do you use estimates with most of your clients? Do you often find it difficult to tell estimates apart on the Estimates page? Can you run us through the process of how you make estimates and get approval in the real-world? The more information you can share, the better we'll be able to understand the needs of your business and, by extension, how we can best improve Wave.

I can't promise this feature will make it to Wave, but feedback from our users has a significant impact on how we do choose what we build next, so your feedback is invaluable.

• Options
    BWI_BWI_ Member Posts: 14

@Alexia when an estimate has been issued, a client is informed that we have sent it. after a period we make a follow up. if an estimate has been approved and no status shows, an employee can follow up on an already approved estimate.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for following up with more information, @BWI_, and for sharing your feedback!

• Options
    GA_HawkeyGA_Hawkey Member Posts: 1

I'd also need something like this too :smile:

My workflow is similar to what @BWI_ outlined. It would be great if we can have converting an estimate to an invoice automatically mark the estimate status as 'Approved' (or at least a prompt to do it with a single click), plus the option to manually set it to 'Approved', 'Declined' or Sent to make it very clear to identify status quickly, just like we have with invoices :wink: . Also being able to filter/sort by status is necessary too.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@GA_Hawkey thanks for the thorough insight to your preferred workflow! This will be helpful feedback to draw from as we make more refinements in the future :smile:

• Options
    __BMuz____BMuz__ Member Posts: 1

+1 on this - estimates culd get a little out of hand if they all show as expired

• Options
    OceansideOceanside Member Posts: 6

I agree with @GA_Hawkey we need to be able to indicate the status of an estimate whether approved, declined or invoiced. Right now all estimates look the same until they show expired. Instead of expired I would prefer showing a status.

• Options
    Oliver_umppOliver_umpp Member Posts: 3

Another one here needing the same thing. I need to classify my estimates between expired, accepted, rejected, open, etc...

It is a must, I make estimates for every project/customer I have and I need to keep track of the open estimates in order for me to be on top of those.

• Options
    SpoonhandleSpoonhandle Member Posts: 13

Voted up! This would be a very helpful feature.

• Options
    MAG2018MAG2018 Member Posts: 3

Any update on this?

• Options
    Anson578Anson578 Member Posts: 9

Not only the above mentioned but there should be an accept button for client to click when they open their estimates instead of having to type they accept out proposal and agree to our terms of agreement.

another good feature would be to have a button option in the customer info to change ship to - to service address for those that do not ship product but provide a service.

I continue to see great suggestions from commenters in these community forums but never any changes to add these features we suggest.

• Options
    TravaTrava Member Posts: 3

I would love to see this feature. I work in construction, so we are always pricing jobs. It would a great feature to be able to edit the status of these estimates for better visibility and organization: Approved, Rejected, Pending Approval, Closed after converting to invoice, etc.

• Options
    rauschelbachrauschelbach Member Posts: 3

This was originally asked for in 2018. No status updates from Support since 2021?

Have the Estimate/Invoice features been abandoned by Wave? Please update us.