How Do I Create a Goods Receipt?

abajanabajan Member Posts: 10

A couple days ago, a customer of mine paid in advance for goods which he will collect later. The signed receipt I gave him has a note to that effect. As such, he currently has proof that he paid me and has not received the goods.

I want to create a document that states he has received the goods. That way, when he collects them, I would have him sign the document, so that I would have proof that he received them. Is there a way in Wave to create such a document? Apparently, it's called a "goods receipt". Below is an example I found on Google, but I would prefer to create a document that looks similar to the original invoice, except that it is titled "Goods Receipt" instead of "Invoice". (I know I could just change the word "Invoice" to "Goods Receipt", but that wouldn't suffice, because the document would still have a line stating "Payment Due:")

edited January 13, 2018 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Abajan! Thanks for posting. Appreciate your providing an example/template. Wave does not have a function to create a receipt like this, so you would need to use something like the invoice workaround you describe here.