Does Wave Accounting support printing checks from Accounts Payable?

DavidDavid Member Posts: 2

I'm not able to find any information regarding the printing of Accounts Payable checks. Does Wave Accounting support this? It's not useful to me if not since many of my vendors do not accept credit card payments.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi David! Wave does not support printing checks for vendors. This is only possible within Payroll by Wave for the purposes of paying employees.

• NadeemAltafNadeemAltaf Member Posts: 1

Wave should integrate printing checks in Bills. We need that so badly.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, @NadeemAltaf. While I can't guarantee that this feature will be added to Wave, we always consider the input of our users when we choose new features to build for Wave.

If you'd like to discuss how this feature would help you run your specific business in more details, I recommend you read this post and start a discussion on the subject, under the Wave Features category.

• JopatamJopatam Member Posts: 2

Check printing would be a great addition to wave. I am a general contractor and a lot of my subs don't except cards only check or cash. On some payments I have to run to the bank because the amount is to high for an ATM. being able to print checks from home with an auto fill for vendors would be amazing!
    Thanks

• briantodavisbriantodavis Member Posts: 2

I too bought the special cheques to use to pay some of my vendors. Here I sit trying to print a cheque for a vendor that only accepts cheques and come to find out I cannot...how in the world can such a basic elementary feature have been left out. I am so disappointed.

• briantodavisbriantodavis Member Posts: 2

I think I have to find another accounting solution :( I have been using wave and really liking it too

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @briantodavis. I'd love to hear a bit more about your business!

Can you tell me what kind of business you run? Do you have a lot of vendors that insist on being paid by cheque?

• LCWLCW Member Posts: 1

Honestly, it's hard to think of accounting functions that are more basic than check writing. I'm astonished that a function so basic and so essential was left out. I'm still exploring the platform but without basics like this, I can't recommend it to anyone, let alone my clients. The interface is nice and seems easy enough for non-accountants/non-bookkeepers so I hope they add common sense functionality but, as it is, I can only see it making sense for very small, online-only, businesses.

• Waveuser1Waveuser1 Member Posts: 3

@Alexia I feel the same as all the other users. This post is from the early spring and still no progress? I have been searching for months for the right software to use and was thrilled with wave, until I realized this ): We print at least 20 checks a month... I will have to continue my software search