Options

Attach both bill and receipt?

muditdrmuditdr Member Posts: 12
Hello
Can I attach both bill and receipt to a due to reconcile accounts?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @muditdr,

It is possible to do this is Wave, but it takes an extra step or two compared to just doing one or the other. Here's what you'll have to do:

1. When you receive a bill from one of your vendors, record it on the Bills page.
    2. When it's paid and you get issued a receipt, upload it to the receipts page and fill in its details. Choose any expense account as the category (we'll change that in the next step, so it doesn' really matter which one you choose).
    3. Find the transaction created by your receipt on the Transactions page and change its category for "Payment sent for a bill in Wave" and then choose the appropriate bill.

This will make sure that your transaction is linked to both your receipt and your bill. I hope this helps!

• Options
    muditdrmuditdr Member Posts: 12
    Thanks. But I can't access the bills page from the receipts mobile app, can I?
  • Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @muditdr,

No, that has to be done from the website for the time being. We are looking at improving our support for mobile devices in the future, but right now, this would have to be done from a computer.