Options

Multiple Layers, Please help.

Mithoty_1Mithoty_1 Member Posts: 1

-(The scenario):
My business provides a technical service that we bill our parent company for, but my business also collects money from the parent company's customers. In other words, I, as an employee of the Parent, get customers to sign a contract. Then my personal company contracts to the parent to do the work that I, as an employee, was awarded. Once the work is complete, I send an invoice to the parent company to pay my company AND I send a draw request (just a request for money vs an invoice in the literal sense) to the customer so they will send money to the parent company.
-Now then, parent company does have their own accounting with AP/AR, however, I also have a book keeper and it is much more efficient for mine to run reports than to contact and coordinate with the parent company.
-So, I would like to use wave for my personal business; however, that business is directly connected to and uses the same POs as the parent company info I would like to keep track of. FYI, the only purpose of tracking the parent company's billing is for convenience in AR. Otherwise no P/L or tax information is necessary, unlike in the personal business.
Should I have one business and just code all the Parent company's info in a way that it can be ignored. Or will this be such a mess that I should make 2 companies. FYI, my company only buy/sells labor, so nothing else.