Receipt enquiry

IlhaamIlhaam Member Posts: 2

Hi Everyone

So I just started using the Receipts app from Wave, but I have been using wave for almost 2 years now.

I just have a question regarding uploading of receipts into my transactions page.

If I paid for an item say boxes, and it's already deducted from my business card because I've paid with the business card, and then I upload the receipt for this transaction (take the photo, post to accounting)....then I go back to my transactions page and the receipt upload is there on one line and the deduction from my account on another -both amounts in Red, so is it showing that the amount was deducted twice if I don't merge the two lines?

And then the second question - If i have a receipt that I paid cash for - do I upload this receipt and select cash on hand in the receipts app AND do a manual expense entry in my transaction page and merge these two OR is just uploading the cash receipt good enough?

Just want to make sure that I am doing this receipts upload thing correctly.

Comments

• dpDesignzdpDesignz Member Posts: 25

Following. I'm also in the same boat

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey @Ilhaam, sounds like you're on the right track here. Whenever you upload a receipt to Wave, Wave will create an expense transaction to account for the purchase.

If you've got your bank account connected, it will bring in the expense transaction for the same purchase. Wave will not automatically merge the two transactions (yet), so the best thing to do would be to merge both.

If you're making purchases with cash on hand, you can rely on the purchase transaction that is created when you upload a receipt to account for the payment!