Search functionality in Invoices

UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello team,

It just came to my notice that the search functionality in the Invoices is not working as expected.

Example: I have invoice created starting from 1 and current invoice number is 1044.

So now if I search the invoice number 23 in All Invoices then Wave display all the invoices with 23 :(

Can you please look into it?

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @UHRP3,

Just so I'm sure we're on the same page, are you saying that every invoice number that can be searchable by those digits (for example, invoice 23, 123, 223, 323, etc.) comes up? If so, this is expected behaviour for the search tab when you're looking up invoices. What type of search parameters would you prefer to see out of that search? How do you envision is working in an ideal world? Thanks for sharing your feedback!

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @Ryan_W @Mani

The invoice number field is a 16 digit number, so if we search 23, then wave should display the exact invoice number and not all the invoices which has 23 in the database.
    (I think in the backend the table entry should be 0000000000000023)
    OR
    For NUMC the conversion logic should be applied so that Wave will display the exact invoice number .

edited October 26, 2018
  • TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

Interesting insight here @UHRP3. The page is designed to show all the invoices that contain the digits entered in the search field. It's to help people locate things and narrow down the hunt for a specific invoice so we are deliberately casting a wide net to make it easier to find things. If you know the exact number of the invoice you are looking for, entering it would take you right there so that's a workaround of sorts for what you are looking for.

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @Tyler

Yes, if I know the invoice number then the system should search and display the same invoice number.
    We have 52 recurring invoice running per month and it's difficult to search a specific invoice number.

I use a work around by selecting the customer name and then entering the said invoice number, but here too if there are multiple invoices which contains same number (e.g 1, 11,12,13,981,123,1022 etc) then the search results is complicated.