Adding a Payment Account on "Personal" Side

katedelormekatedelorme Member Posts: 2

Hi there,
I been very happy with how I'm able to track my business finances with Wave. I use the receipts app often. Now I'd like to start tracking my personal expenses like groceries etc. with Wave and the receipts app. I'm looking for a way to add a payment account type on the "personal" side of the Wave app. Currently the only option I have is "cash on hand". I would like to add another for my credit card I share with my partner so I know when I look at it later how that receipt was paid. I was able to do this on my business side at some point.
I've been searching on this forum and Wave help for a few hours now and can't seem to find it.

Please help,
Best!

Kate

Comments

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @katedelorme! You can add a new credit card account by navigating to your Accounting > Charts of Accounts page, and then by clicking "Add an Account" on the top right of the page. Any credit card that is added is automatically designated as a payment account.

Would you be able to tell me if you are not seeing the option to add a credit card account here?

• katedelormekatedelorme Member Posts: 2

Thanks Erik,

I worked it out, but I'll post my solution here for future readers.

My confusion was just on the different wording on the "Personal" side of Wave. On my business side under Chart of Accounts, it does say "Add and Account", but on the Personal side in the same place it says "Add a Financial Category", and the generated list made it look as though adding Credit Card was adding a catagory for Credit Card debt, which was not what I was trying to do.
    I figured out that if you type in credit card, it will come up and there is a little box to check to say that the account your adding is in fact a 'payment account'.