How Can I Upload Historic Data of my Business into Wave

Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a couple of years old Business which I would like to switch into Wave for Accounting.

Is there a way to Upload my Historic Transactions into Wave ?

Comments

• TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

Hi @Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed!

Welcome to Wave! Glad you are allowing us to help you run your business :)

When it comes to importing previous account data, you can look to uploading Bank or Credit Card statements. A guide for that can be found here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621556-Upload-electronic-bank-and-credit-card-statements

Let me know if you have any other questions about using Wave!
    -Tyler

• Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Thanks for your response.

While I appreciate the availability of uploading Bank or Credit Card statements, my concern is to upload Journals Entries relating to non cash / bank transactions. Accounting records aren't not only cash / bank transactions isn't it.

• Accruals / Provisions
    • Amortizations
    • Depreciation
    • General Journals
    edited October 18, 2018

Thanks for the additional context @Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed . Your best bet in that case would be to create a Journal Transaction with the necessary amount of lines to debit and credit various accounts as needed.

• Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

I know how to do that, but I am asking how to make it a bulk upload.

We don't want to be entering over 2 to 3 thousands of transactions manually.

Ah, of course. No bulk means of doing that as it would require you to add multiple lines to one Journal Transaction or multiple small Journal Transactions. We are working to improve our migration tools to allow for people with larger businesses and more data to come to Wave more easily but as that is not currently live it would require manual entry.

You can allow excel / CSV upload of Transactions to create a Single Journal with multiple lines (debits and credits balanced), of course it has the limitations with inability to post into multiple dates and connect to AP, AR sub modules, I understand that.

Since you told me something is on the pipeline I am happy. Do you have any process of allowing users to test it at a BETA Stage if so I would like to volunteer.

Will definitely be sure to keep you in mind, @Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed- user insight for transition tools would be most helpful in a BETA stage! No set ETA though - I don't want to make it seem like it would come this quarter (further away than that). In regards to our Uploader it's decent if the file is in a supported type but lots of data could lead it to timing out (with CSVs for example we suggest around 100 items max. at a time).