Independent contractors have arrived for US Payroll! 🙌

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

For many of our Wave customers in the US, independent contractors are a big part of driving business forward. It’s now easy to manage the payroll experience for both employees and contractors from start to finish within Wave.

It’s now easy to manage the payroll experience for both employees and contractors in Wave.

How does it work?

Go to the Vendors page to add an independent contractor. Enter all their information to generate a 1099 tax form when you need it. Once you’ve added your contractors, you can automatically add their latest bills to your next payroll. Review the information and run payroll. Wave will alert you if there are any changes to be made to ensure you’re on track. Wave automatically generates the proper 1099 tax forms for independent contractors, whether they have a fixed or hourly rate. These will be ready for you at tax time.

Who can take advantage of this?

Businesses in the United States that have an active Payroll by Wave subscription.

I don't have this in my account. Will I?

If you live outside of where we currently support payroll or have international employees, we can't currently say when we'll be able to support this service in your area, but we see you. Thanks so much for your interest!

We'd love to hear your thoughts. What other problems could be solved by machine learning? Let us know below!

P.S.

If you're keen on testing new developments, please reach out! We can build a group together where our teams can invite you to new projects.