Entering bank details

Jessica_Louise88Jessica_Louise88 Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this so I am sorry if this has been asked already. I am currently entering customers into Wave. The majority have visa card details however there are a few that have given me bank details. Could you please let me know how I go about entering the bank details. I have tried everything and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks so much!!

Comments

• RezaReza Member Posts: 24 admin

Hi @Jessica_Louise88

Are you entering these details to charge the customers' credit card and bank accounts?

• Jessica_Louise88Jessica_Louise88 Member Posts: 2

Yes, sorry to do direct debits. Thankyou.

• TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

Thanks for the update @Jessica_Louise88. Business Owners who use Wave are able to charge Credit Cards that your clients have consented to being "stored" for future billing but we aren't able to offer this for Bank Payments. Bank Payment debits run on a different system so we'd need to tweak a few things prior to allowing that action to be taken.

• jonandpatjonandpat Member Posts: 1

do you see this as something that will be implemented in the near future? ie. the last sentence. also, we take USD, we have a client that wants to pay via ACH. his bank is in the U.S. but the address associated with his account is in Canada and there is only a drop down option for U.S. states. Please advise a workaround

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@jonandpat

At this time, storing bank account information for direct debits is not on our near term roadmap. We have looked at this and due to some of the complexities involved, we need to improve other parts of our system first before we can implement this feature.

For receiving payments: If your business is located in Canada, you can only receive payments in Canadian dollars from Canadian bank accounts via ACH. Similarly, if located in the US, you can only receive payments from US banks and US dollar accounts.

If your default currency in USD, you can create the invoice in USD by changing the currency on the invoice when creating it for the customer and they will be able to pay via ACH using their US account.