Balance sheet not balancing (!)

cat_ugcat_ug Member Posts: 2

Hello! The Balance Sheet that I generate in Wave is not balancing, and my TB does not balance with the same amount (yet the system is based on double-entry). What could be the reason?

Comments

• cat_ugcat_ug Member Posts: 2

Also, is this "community" now the way to contact Wave support staff? I can't seem to find how to reach them directly, when I suspect a technical issue. Help on this would also be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

• TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

The Balance Sheet will show an "up until" total since there is no means of setting a start date (the "start date" is when your business opened). Perhaps your Income Statement/Profit & Loss Report would be a better thing to check out?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @cat_ug you can find more information regarding support here. The Community is a hub where you'll be able to engage with Wave staff, accounting and bookkeeping professionals, and business owners from a variety of fields of work. You may find that you are able to search out the answers to any questions you may have more quickly here, and you can also find plenty of resources in our Help Center.

edited January 26, 2018
  • SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

whoops @Beanorama that must have been a typo! The Help Centre is here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us

• Bennie_GBennie_G Member Posts: 4

Hi,
    I have a similar issue that Balance Sheet (and TB) doesn't balance and doesn't reflect GL bank balance. Looks like one culprit entry that is only picked up 'one sided' in the Balance Sheet. I deleted the bank entry (it was a transfer between bank accounts) and recaptured it, but still the same error. It might be some corrupt data. How do we fix this?
    Kind regards
    Bennie

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Bennie_G . I tweaked something on the back end which may have solved your issue. Can you take a look to see if you're still seeing the problem?

• Bennie_GBennie_G Member Posts: 4

Absolutely perfect! You know us accountants can't bear everything not tying up nicely wink:
    Thank you so much @AlexL, it is really appreciated.
    Wave is the BEST!
    Kind regards
    Bennie

• richelleannJrichelleannJ Member Posts: 1

Hi @AlexL
    I'm having a similar problem with my client's Wave. The balance sheet and trial balance do not appear to be balancing.

We don't have many entries and it's not complicated, but it might be that there seems to be a technical issue here. How do we fix this issue? Please help!

Thanks