Reports using invoice / bill due date

derrick123derrick123 Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any report that shows invoices and bills using the due date instead of invoice date.

E.g
If I create 2 invoices

Invoice 1
Invoice Date: 2018-09-31
Invoice Due; 2018-10-31
Amount: $1,000

Invoice 2
Invoice Date: 2018-09-31
Invoice Due; 2018-11-31
Amount: $1,000

Is there any report that will show that $1,000 is coming in Oct and $1,000 is coming in November.
Right now with the reports it shows $2,000 as sale or a receivable for September which makes sense.

But I was curious if a different report exists to shows income and expenses by due dates, to help with forward planning.

Thanks for your help.

edited October 26, 2018 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@derrick123 Hey! Unfortunately there isn't a report that does exactly that, but it is a fantastic suggestion! I'm going to submit a feature request now for consideration.

Right now (which you may have come across already) we have our Aged Receivables and Aged Payables, but these give a less detailed view, throwing unpaid but expected bills or invoices into categories by the number of days they are overdue, and the total for each of these categories. We also have the P&L and General Ledger reports, but as these are much more all encompassing, paring them down to a level in which you're just showing bills or invoices that will be paid/owed soon isn't the easiest and would require running them against other reports, or your invoices/bills pages.

I hope this helps!

• derrick123derrick123 Member Posts: 2

Hi @Samd,

Thank you for the information and the other options available.
    For now we will make our own report using the data entered into wave.

Thanks again.

• RMenschelRMenschel Member Posts: 13

I too would be very interested in a future-looking Aged Payables report. Our sales are all on a cash basis (due on delivery), but we have bills due in the future (sales tax payments, credit card bills, loan payments, etc). I can create bills with future due dates for these, but I don't yet find any facility within Wave which lets me create a future-looking cash flow forecast.

I found your Manual Cash Flow Forecast spreadsheet which I've downloaded, but all I need is for the Aged Payables report to not only show me what's due and not yet paid 30, 90, 120 days ago, but also what's due and not yet paid 30, 90, 120 days in the future.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@RMenschel Makes total sense, something for us to consider when improving the reports section (in particular the Aged Payables report). Appreciate the feedback that you've dropped here and how it would improve your workflow when using Wave.