Wells Fargo Connection not working

hollyivyhollyivy Member Posts: 2

I am brand new to Wave. Trying to establish the initial connection to my Wells Fargo business checking account. I receive the following message: "Your bank needs you to review your account details. Log in to your online banking and fill out any information that is required, then try connecting to Wave again.". I login to Wells Fargo, nothing noted on the account; I verify login and pswd; try Wave connection again - same error. Call Wells Fargo; they say no problems on their end, Wave is the problem. I am rather disheartened, in that I really wanted to use Wave, but if I can't make this happen I will be forced to choose another platform.

Comments

• zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hi @hollyivy. I'm sorry to hear that your first experience connecting your bank account to Wave hasn't been a positive one. I can see now that your connection has been locked due to too many unsuccessful attempts. That's ok, just login to your online bank account directly and reenable connecting that way. The message you were seeing previous to being locked out will also occur when you are prompted with advertising pop-ups or messages you need to dismiss or accept while logging into your Wells Fargo account online.

Wells Fargo is one of the biggest banks in the US, so while we do depend on a third party data provider to provide the connection between Wave and your bank, I do know that they monitor how successfully Wells Fargo connects carefully.

Please let me know how that goes. If the issue persists, I will see what else I can do.

• hollyivyhollyivy Member Posts: 2

I can now, and every time in the past, log into my Wells Fargo account on the banks site with no problems or alerts. There are no pop-ups or messages. I log into Wells Fargo to test if it is working. All fine. Log out. Log into Wave. Try Connect. Enter exact same login info. Now getting lock out msg. This is getting very frustrating and questionable if it is worth my time.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @hollyivy

I'm sorry to hear that the connection is still giving you issues; there's not much we can do in a public forum since troubleshooting this will require sharing some personal links and other things, so I'm going to send you an email and we can dig in from there; I may have to send a service request to our data aggregator, depending on what happens next. Please check out your inbox for my follow up!

• horsehrescuehorsehrescue Member Posts: 1

I'm having a similar problem with a different bank. Can you contact me? horsehrescue@gmail.com

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Done @horsehrescue; check your inbox and we'll go from there!

Hello @ryanwaggoner. Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are experiencing a high number of posts this time of year. Terrible excuse, I know, but we're here to help now and I'll make sure to get you some answers.

According to our third party data provider, Wells Fargo is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It is possible that Wells Fargo has made some changes to their online site recently, and our data provider requires some time to adjust and reestablish the connection. They have posted an ETA of Jan/21/2019. Please try connecting again early next week and let me know how it goes. I will also be monitoring on my end of new ETAs.

• Alex_LAlex_L Member Posts: 1

Hey everyone, any updates on an ETA from Wells Fargo? One of my business partners connected the account last week and it is still not showing any transactions coming through.

Also, on the dashboard it mentions that only owners can see bank/credit card balances, he set me up as an Admin user type and as a co-owner/partner, is that not the owner type it is referring to?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone.

I have just been notified that the issue with Wells Fargo has been resolved. If you have a Wells Fargo connection, can you please try reconnecting your account? Please let me know if the issue persists

@Alex_L Admins have near-full access to your Wave business, including access to payroll, payments, third-party integrations, and ability to add other users. Admins can’t make changes to essential business settings—only the Wave account owner can do that and that includes adding and managing bank connections. This will, however, change in the next few months, and admins will have access to bank connections once we make a few changes to where bank accounts live in app.

More info here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000077186

edited January 30, 2019
  • AceDemoHaulingAceDemoHauling Member Posts: 1

Trying to connect Wells Fargo account and I am getting the following message:
    Your account settings are incompatible
    Your account could not be connected because the multi-factor authentication method it uses is not currently supported. Please try a different account.
    NEED HELP to resolve this.

Tony@aceconstruction831.com

edited August 17, 2021
  • surfinashwavesurfinashwave Member Posts: 2

I am getting the same error @AceDemoHauling .

"Your account settings are incompatible"
    Your account could not be connected because the multi-factor authentication method it uses is not currently supported. Please try a different account.

Any feedback? I can be reached at clearskiescro@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for your help.