Options

HSBC plc connection issue

HenStarHenStar Member Posts: 1

Hi,

A few months ago my bank, HSBC UK, ring fenced some of their customers (of which I am one) to an entity separate from the main UK entity. My bank is now called HSBC plc.

My bank connection was working fine, but since then it has stopped working. I have tried to select a different HSBC from the drop down bank options, but HSBC plc is not showing and HSBC no longer works.

My internet banking log in process has not changed at all.

Can you help? I really need this functionality!

Thanks in advance

HenStar

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi HenStar! It looks like the data provider through which Wave is able to provide bank connections is experiencing issues following maintenance this weekend, and it's possible your issue is related to this. I'll create an announcement post with more information. If this is the issue, please know our team is working together with our data provider but we don't currently have an ETA for resolution.

• Options
    nataliamrobertsnataliamroberts Member Posts: 1

I am having this same problem! One of my customers cannot connect to their HSBC account in order to pay invoices! Any ETA on when this will be resolved yet?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @nataliamroberts.

This would be a different issue between your client and their bank. The Bank Connections issue at play here are related to the automatic upload of transactions to Wave, and not to payment processing. Those processes work very differently and are not linked together.

If your client is having issues paying an invoice through their bank account, they'll have to resolve this issue with their bank, or try to use a different means of payment.

If your client is able to try and pay you, however, and the money hasn't been deposited to your account, then I can investigate further. Let me know if that's the case.