Options

Bank Connection Issues Beginning January 21st - RESOLVED

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

This weekend, the data provider through which Wave is able to facilitate bank connections for the automatic import of transactions began experiencing issues. These issues may prevent new connections from being established or existing connections from updating. Issues that existed prior to January 21, 2018 are not related. Bank payments for Payments by Wave customers operate separately and will not be impacted.

Our team is working closely with our data provider to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and to provide assistance if necessary. We do not currently have an estimated time to resolution, but we will update this post as we know more.

Uploading transactions is working as normal.

Update January 22nd 3:59 p.m. Eastern We have received notification from our data provider that this issue has been resolved. Thank you again for your patience. If you are still experiencing bank connection issues, please check out our guide for more assistance.

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    Howard ThawHoward Thaw Member Posts: 11

When you have network problems such as these (that affects a large group of users), it would be helpful if there was an indication within the software to indicate this info. It would also cut-down on the number of support inquiries .. Thank you for your consideration.

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the feedback! We've posted an article about the current status of the connection issue that you've run into, and the integrations team here at Wave is in constant communication with our third-party data provider to have service restored as soon as the problem has been resolved on their end.

This appears to be a widespread issue with our data provider, and it doesn't appear to be limited to Wave. Given the amount of affected parties here, you can rest assured that our data provider is working to have this resolved as soon as they can.

James

Just a quick edit here: we've just added a ticker to the "Dashboard" with some information about the issue.

edited January 22, 2018
  • Options
    MaryMary Member Posts: 3

Hi, I had issues with no transactions showing, then they briefly appeared for less than 10mins, before vanishing again. Is this issue with the data provider still current?

• Options
    linoos_1linoos_1 Member Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

I see the update query has been marked as resolved. My dashboard does not appear on the screes and does not complete updating. Any ideas?

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @Mary @linoos_1 the issue referred to in this thread has been resolved.

@Mary, I can see you've posted this issue on a number of threads and I'm sorry you're frustrated - a good rule of thumb is to post in only one place at a time, to ensure your question gets a response.

It sounds like you both are experiencing issues with your particular banks. A good first step to troubleshoot this is:
    1. Clear your cache. This is important! How to do this varies based on what browser you are using but can usually be found under your browser history.
    2. Disconnect your bank account from Wave. Quit your browser, for good measure.
    3. Re-open your browser, log back into Wave, and reconnect your bank. You can read more about troubleshooting your bank connection here.

If you continue to experience issues connecting your bank, another speedy option to get your transactions into Wave is to upload transaction statements pulled from your online banking. In fact, depending on your bank, this may actually end up being a faster option in the long run, as you won't have to monitor and troubleshoot a connection.

• Options
    linoos_1linoos_1 Member Posts: 2

Hi Sophia, It worked! thank you very much for your help!

• Options
    ahungahung Member Posts: 7

All 4 of my bank connections are not connecting again. Why does this happen so frequently with Wave? When can we expect a more permanent solution?

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @ahung have you tried searching for your issue in the community? As you'll see on multiple posts, Wave actually uses a third-party data aggregator to import bank transactions. This provider is a global leader in the industry so unfortunately many apps and programs deal with the same issue. If you're experiencing issues with your connection, it's most likely because of a connection issue with the third party provider. I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps described above, and reading the articles posted in this thread.

edited February 2, 2018
  • Options
    ahungahung Member Posts: 7

Sophia - yes I have. I've been unable to connect with my Citibank account with Wave for the last nearly 4 days. So you are saying that any accounting software that uses this same data-aggregator is having the same problem?

This discussion has been closed.