How to handle purchase receipt that has multiple payment method? How about multiple category?

MorayfieldMorayfield Member Posts: 12

Hi,

I wonder what's the best way to handle receipt that has been paid with multiple payment method?
For example, when I purchase something, I paid the supplier with credit card and gift card on one invoice.

How about a receipt that has multiple category items?

Comments

• MorayfieldMorayfield Member Posts: 12
  • NWTCNWTC Member Posts: 3

I just record a payment against the invoice for each separate part of the payment.

For instance, if I raise an invoice for £100.00 and the customer pays me half in cash and the balance by bank transfer I record a part-payment of £50.00 as Cash and then a second part-payment for £50.00 as Bank Transfer.

• SahapoomSahapoom Member Posts: 1

Yes It make more sense to have multiple category in one receipt.

I mean when I make a purchase, I got a tax invoice, and it was paid using two payment methods.
    Say half credit card, half gift card

I guess the working way to split a purchase receipt into two category is record and post it in one category first, then go the accounting, transactions, find the posted transaction, then you can click
    'Split this withdraw' button and split this into multiple categories.

If I do this:
    Post the receipt to one account first with the partial amount with one payment method.
    Find the transaction in accounting, transactions, then 'duplicate' this transaction, edit it with the right payment account and partial amount.

But when you duplicate the transaction, the receipt link is not duplicated.
    And there'll be duplicate transactions in the target account if the account is importing from the bank.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Morayfield. In this particular case, what you could do is actually process the receipt twice (so upload the receipt twice in the Receipts section), and then enter in two separate payment methods for each individual receipt that was posted (you can also adjust the amount on the receipt to reflect which dollar amount was paid in which method of payment).