Feature Request - Discontinued Product or Service

DMAjicDMAjic Member Posts: 14

Not sure where to post this. Can an option be added to Products & Services so that a product can no longer be added to an Invoice?

Comments

• EALING_Computer_ITEALING_Computer_IT Member Posts: 9

I would just go in and delete the product under sales then products and services here you can manage all your products etc

• mey1214mey1214 Member Posts: 1

May I know is it possible to change the invoice header with the company name and the "invoice" maybe can be on the left side? and due to our business nature involving project, is it possible to add another column on the header there? thanks

• DMAjicDMAjic Member Posts: 14

You cannot delete a Product or Service once it is on an invoice.

• OlufmOlufm Member Posts: 2

@DMAjic

1. Locate the invoice
    2. On the invoice, hover on the Product or Service, then tap it
    3. Tap on 'Recycle Bin' icon
    4. Confirm that 2 has been deleted
  • DMAjicDMAjic Member Posts: 14

No I mean that you can't delete the Product or Service from the list if you want to stay on an old invoice.

• Brent_OntraxBrent_Ontrax Member Posts: 15

You are correct, you can't remove/delete a Product or Service once it has been used on an Invoice, or a Bill for that matter... If the Product/Service is only flagged as "Sell" then you could untick that option and only tick "Buy" and zero the Value, which means it won't be available in the list for Invoices but Will be available for Bills with a Default of $0. I think that would work, but Yes it would be handy if there was another checkbox showing is the Product/Service is "Disabled", so it is still there for historic value but can't be used for the Future.

• justbreatheyoga_2017justbreatheyoga_2017 Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone, I have a similar question. If you "edit" a service or product, does it then change the values on invoices that have already been sent/paid? My problem is that our service tax has increased (in the Netherlands) and I would like to reflect this change in invoices beginning 1 Jan without changing past invoices. Thank you! Robin