Options

error with connection - shall i delete account?

olifletoliflet Member Posts: 1

Hi,
received email on 25th oct saying 'there's an issue with your connection to Santander Business Banking (UK)'

The issue is still there, almost a month later.

I'm new to using Wave,
And since setting it up few months back and never got around to really using it.

Is it worth me deleting whole account and starting again?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @oliflet

I would try disconnecting your bank connection and trying to reconnect it. If this does not work, try taking a look at this article as it often helps troubleshoot any typical bank connection problems users have.

Troubleshooting Wave bank connection

For some further clarity, the bank connection feature is provided by a Third Party Data Aggregator who makes this feature available to us. Because of this, we're extremely limited in the options that we have to fix these issues.

If you don't have any pressing info currently associated with your business, you could always try creating a new one just to see if you can connect through Bank Connections. If this works, you could carry forward with this business instead of your old one.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@oliflet Bank connections can be extremely finicky and are also created on a case by case basis. I wouldn't necessarily recommend creating a new Wave account as a troubleshooting step, simply because that sounds like a lot of work, and the behaviour could repeat after creating a new account. I'd say that you could try refreshing the connection using these steps:

1. Click Banking > Bank Connections
    2. Find your bank in the list of connections
    3. Click "Edit Bank Credentials" and re-enter your login information for your bank account
    4. Save and update now.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 about 3 times

If that doesn't work, it may be less time consuming and more reliable to upload your statements into Wave directly.