Options

ASB bank not automatically connecting

FeliciafFeliciaf Member Posts: 1

Hi there
I've been having issues with the ASB bank not connecting automatically to my account since I originally connected it. Any reason for this? Thanks

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @Feliciaf, Wave uses a third-party data provider to get your transaction data into Wave, so if your bank isn't successfully connecting, there are a variety of external reasons why that might be. The Help Centre has a more detailed explanation of various reasons bank connections fail - scroll down to "My bank won't connect. What gives" here.

An easy way to get your transactions into Wave that doesn't involve as much trial and error is to upload transactions from a bank transaction export - there's a how-to for that here. This doesn't have to be on a month-to-month basis - most banks will allow you to choose a date range for what you want to export, so you could do several months at a time, or a week - whatever works best for you, based on what your online banking will let you do. Hope that helps!

edited January 25, 2018
  • Options
    KarenWKarenW Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have the same issue and I wonder if might be because Wave has the web address in the drop down dialogue box as www.asbbank.co.nz but the actual address is www.asb.co.nz. Can you look into this please and see if there is any quick fix for us? Thanks

edited April 16, 2018
  • Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @KarenW.

As long as you log in through https://online.asb.co.nz/auth/, it should be fine. Like Sophia mentioned in her reply, because we don't manage bank connections ourselves, we don't have a lot of control over fixing potential issues.

If you can tell me a bit more about your specific situation, I might be able to help out. You might also find a solution in this article.

If nothing else works, note that our data provider does see every error message related to bank connections, and will attempt to fix issues in priority order. Until they do, I recommend uploading your bank statement. You can find out how in this article.

• Options
    yaelpookyaelpook Member Posts: 3

Hi There,

I have had ASB bank connected to my waveapps for the last 18 months or so with no issues now it is coming up with this message when I try to update my bank connection.

"Your bank needs you to review your account details. Log in to your online banking and fill out any information that is required, then try connecting to Wave again."

I Have logged into my online banking and there is no where to "fill out any information" and I have also spoken to the bank and they have no suggestions or answers.

are you able to provide any further insight on this issue?

Thanks

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@yaelpook could you please confirm the type of account you're trying to connect (business, personal) and the URL where you log into your online banking? Thank you!

• Options
    yaelpookyaelpook Member Posts: 3

Hi Charlotte,

I am trying to connect to a personal account and the url is
    https://online.asb.co.nz/auth/?fm=header:login

thanks

@Charlotte said:
    @yaelpook could you please confirm the type of account you're trying to connect (business, personal) and the URL where you log into your online banking? Thank you!

• Options

Hi, @yaelpook.

I did some digging and found that our data provider was having issues with ASB right now. We have contacted them and they'll be working on resolving this according to their priority order. With that said, could you try updating it manually again, or disconnecting and reconnecting your bank? This is just in case it has been resolved already and we haven't gotten news of it just yet.

• Options
    fidofido Member Posts: 16

I contacted Wave about this via support but got an unhelpful generic response that directed me to a page that didn't have the error I was getting. Have now found this forum which sounds like a better place to find out what's happening. Attempting to update or re-add bank just kept the hourglass equivalent churning eternally. I found out through a helpful bank feed issues page for Pocketsmith app, that there was a problem with Yoddle/ASB, which now appears to be resolved. I'm getting transactions through again.

• Options

Thanks for letting us know, @fido!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't find the automated response for bank connection issues informative or helpful. We do report every bank connection issue to our data provider, but other than the few troubleshooting steps we offer in that automated message, there's little we can do to fix most bank connection issues. We let Yodlee know which connections are failing, and they, in turn, work on fixing those connections following their own priority order.

• Options
    fidofido Member Posts: 16

Hi Alexia, thanks for your response. Perhaps if the message or troubleshooting stated that you guys do let the third party know it would seem like some action would take place. I was left with the impression Wave would do nothing and I was going to have to use manual imports now - which, for me, automated bank feeds was a big reason I selected Wave!

• Options

Thank you for the feedback, @fido! I'll be sure to forward it to the right people!

• Options
    GregnzGregnz Member Posts: 1

I’m with ASB bank and I have entered username and password to try and connect but nothing happens when I click the submit button. It’s like the button is just an image as there is no response at all. Can you please help @Alexia

• Options

Hi, @Gregnz.

As mentioned previously, there are issues right now with the connection to ASB. We deal with a third-party data provider for our bank connection system, which means that we don't have direct control on resolving issues like yours. We do report these issues to our data provider, and they then work on resolving them following their own priority order.

Until it's resolved, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually. Here's how you can do this.