Feature Idea (Delivery Note) + Estimate App

KblacKblac Member Posts: 20

Hi All,

I would really like to have the delivery note feature implemented where by am able to just convert all the data from an invoice and provide it to the client for signing or stamping. A delivery note is very key in our country and its hard to get paid without it.

The other feature is an estimate app just the way we have an invoice app where i can be able to give quotations on the go. Many are the times when am just called while on the road to give a quotation to something and i have to tell the client to give me some few minutes/hours till am settled on a computer so as to generate the quote.

The above features would be really great.

Thank you.

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kblac great suggestions! I can confirm the first feature is being looked at right now for implementation by our Product Team, and because of the number of requests we've had for an Estimates App (or estimates in Invoices) it definitely is on the radar too. I'll submit this feedback now!

• KblacKblac Member Posts: 20

Thank you for the feedback. Eagerly awaiting for the features to be added.

• macca5macca5 Member Posts: 1

I'm also eagerly awaiting the delivery note feature. It's the missing piece for me in the UK and would make a huge difference.

• JamBoothBrandonJamBoothBrandon Member Posts: 3

I am looking out for this as well!

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@Kblac @macca5 and @JamBoothBrandon

Thanks for all your feedback. Would you be able to direct me to a good example of a comprehensive "delivery note" so I can take a look and incorporate into product research. Is this simply a way for your customer to confirm receipt of goods/satisfaction with the service on the invoice they are paying to signify that the invoice is complete?

Also for generating estimates on the go, how are you capturing needs during your client visit? Are you taking notes that then turn into an invoice, or are you just jotting down line items and building the estimate when you get home?

Thanks,

Rahim

@rahim Yes like you just stated, a delivery note is just a way of the client confirming delivery of goods against the invoice, in short a delivery note should contain the exact items listed on an invoice and its mostly associated with products and not services. We cannot be paid without attaching a delivery note to the invoice.
    As for the estimate app, we normally gather client needs and turn them into a quotation first before generating an invoice. In my country, a quotation is the first document given to client, we never do direct invoicing without a quote.
    As per now, without the quotation app, we normally jot items down then we go home/office and generate a quotation.
  • JamBoothBrandonJamBoothBrandon Member Posts: 3

@rahim I agree with @Kblac. I normally do it at home since it can't be done in the app. Ideally, I would be able to create an Estimate from the app in the same way you can an Invoice. Just as important though is that it can be converted from an Estimate to an Invoice within the App. I would likely use that more.

Thanks all for the feedback! It is very helpful for our team.

• andynoiseboyandynoiseboy Member Posts: 13

Oh dear. I've just realised that delivery notes can't be generated by Wave. I just assumed that something SO fundamental would naturally be included. This, on top of other glaring omissions is probably the straw that breaks the camel's back. I blame myself - I should have researched more before switching to Wave. Definitely would not have done so knowing what I know now....

@andynoiseboy rome was never built in a day. The essence of "feedback" is to voice out such issues. I would give them the benefit of doubt first for creating such an app and second for creating this community forum to air out our grievances. Again, they did indicate that they working on the delivery note, so expect it sooner than later......✌

@Kblac Using your 'Rome' analogy, delivery notes would equate to 'doors & windows'. Any business despatching any product would include delivery documentation. I've only been in business for over 30 years but all product I've ever received and/or sent included a delivery note. This is not a 'bells & whistles' feature and not a new concept.

@andynoiseboy i do agree with you, the feature is as important as issuing an invoice. Lets just wait and see. As per now i only havr to do it manually. Which software were you using before?

@Kblac I used a very old package from mrtec.com - Billing Manager/Inventory which I've had for over 20 years. It hardly progressed in that time but from word-go it supported pretty much everything I needed to do. It's not cloud based and there's no Mac version so I thought it was time to drag myself into the 21st century, but unfortunately, the backwards steps probably outweigh the improvements right now.
    For the short term, I'll use a PDF editor to create delivery notes from Wave invoices but it's hardly at the push of a button as before. If delivery notes, POs and purchase invoice scanning amongst other features don't appear in Wave soon I'll have to find something else.

• JuRawJuRaw Member Posts: 1

Hi, just wondering how far off the Delivery Note feature is from being available? Am keen to move over to Wave but this is an essential part of the process so I would need this in place before committing.....?

I wanted to provide some clarity for those on this thread. Delivery Notes are not a feature on the near term roadmap at this time. Our focus is currently on improving our feature set for service based businesses. We will cycle onto product based business improvements in the future and delivery notes have been added to the consideration list when we look at those improvements.

There may be a workaround using our Wave Connect feature, which I was discussing with my colleague, @PaulC. I'll let him chime in on a way to create these in a more streamlined way outside of Wave.

• cagricagri Member Posts: 1

Delivery notes are essential to my business. It would hugely help if there is a workaround.

• DiamondgirlDiamondgirl Member Posts: 2

I BADLY need a delivery note implemented in Wave also as waste so much time on Excel doing it at the moment. Is this a feature yet wave???

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@cagri @Diamondgirl Appreciate the +1's you've given us here in terms of adding a delivery note feature in Wave, but we still don't have any plans on adding this to a future roadmap in Wave. When we do have more of an idea of what this will look like in our software, we will update everyone following this thread.

• JacoGrieselJacoGriesel Member Posts: 2

+1 on the Delivery Note.

@Rahim - the delivery note need not be a complex thing. It's basically an invoice without prices - product name, description and quantities. The client's details need to be there, as well as the following fields:

Name of Recipient
    Designation of Recipient
    Date and Time Received
    Signature Block
    Comments Block

• AlaaAlaa Member Posts: 1

+1 for the Delivery Note. It is an essential document in our business. I hope Wave team will be able to implement this essential feature soon.

• RareBirdBrewerRareBirdBrewer Member Posts: 1

This enhancement is dead easy... but if they can't do it... use this as a work around.
    Modify the default settings of your estimate.

Change ESTIMATE SETTINGS> Default title = Delivery Note
    Change ESTIMATE SETTINGS> Default footer = Receivers Signature

The advantage of this is that once it has been signed it can then be turned into an invoice from this Delivery Note.

Still a work around, don't get me wrong.
    Need to be able to really load signed delivery notes for storage and perhaps attaching with invoice and a myriad of other refinements... but not rocket surgery.

• AurorakuAuroraku Member Posts: 1

+1 for Delivery Note features :)
    What I currently need Delivery Note is for a dropship purchase where i can not print invoice with our store name in it and can not display the price.
    I think this can be achieved by allowing us having two sets template of invoice, so then we can configure template #2 as Delivery Note and hide the price field that we don't want.
    Thank you for your continuous support and improvement!

• Kim1982Kim1982 Member Posts: 0

Hi All,
    Will you be adding an option to the mobile phone app so we can raise quotes and email them from the mobile app. Currently i can only raise and send invoices. Most of our quotes are raised on site and would be very convenient to be able to raise and email an estimate/quote on the spot.
    Regards,
    Kim
    carusoscutz@gmail.com

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Kim1982 I merged your question into this ongoing discussion because it had a similar feature idea for a Mobile App for Estimates/Quotes. At the moment, it isn't on the roadmap but the Mobile Team has this feature idea on their radar and continue to reassess the best way to go about this. Thanks for leaving your use case and details and if there are updates, we will definitely keep the thread updated.

• shailesh1985shailesh1985 Member Posts: 2

SIR , PLEASE WE NEED DELIVERY NOTE ..... VERY VERY IMPORTANT, REQUEST TO LOOK INTO IT,
    OR HELPS US WITH A SOLUTION

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @shailesh1985

Though our team is constantly looking through the community for future ideas to improve our accounting software, it's not likely that they all get implemented. My apologies that this feature has not been updated. Typically when a feature like this is implemented there will be an in-app release notification. We cannot make any promises, and for that I apologize. Thanks for the additional +1 on this feature request.

• KyleSwartKyleSwart Member Posts: 1

Delivery Notes are an essential component to business operations. Imagine your client comes back to you stating they are happy to pay but accounts need to first provide proof of delivery. Its absolutely nuts that this has not been considered.

Secondly, from a progrmmers perspective, this is two days work max. The document is simply a template of the same info that is on the invoice.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @KyleSwart! Thanks for reaching out here. Definitely appreciate your input!

When we plan out the features we're building next, a significant factor we pay attention to is customer feedback. But there's actually a lot more that goes into our product planning, too, and we wanted to give you a better understanding of the decision making that happens at Wave HQ:

Our product managers and customer success heroes are constantly in touch with customers, accountants and bookkeepers, gathering insights into how they use Wave and what they want to see next. We capture it all.

Naturally, a feature that has the potential to revolutionize the way you run your business, or that affects many customers, will get more attention. Also, some features are easier to build than others. If a feature request will take a lot of time to build, we need to make sure it drives extra value for our customers.

Sometimes a feature looks easy, but it has underlying requirements that are difficult, or an infrastructure that doesn't exist. Wave's system handles billions of data packages every week, and we want everything to flow smoothly. Sometimes, it's the architecture that supports a feature, and not the feature itself, that requires the most engineering. We look at whether the work that goes into a feature can be bundled up with other work. Sometimes a feature with fewer requests will get worked on early because we're already making changes to a related part of the machinery, and it makes sense to address several issues while we're in there.

There are more factors, too, like competitive considerations, advances in technology, changes to regulatory constraints and so on.

All of this goes into the decision-making process for new features. At the end of it all, our goal is nothing less than delivering the very best tools for running your business.

• JBasseyJBassey Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am in support of both features on this thread but for me I think Estimates on the Mobile app is priority. Any idea when this is coming as I see it has been in requests since 2017/18?

Delivery notes will certainly be a plus for the app with some sort of digital signature feature.

Thank you.
  • JKTowingJKTowing Member Posts: 3
    Agreed. We end up creating invoices in the app that should be estimates because there is no estimate function, many of which don't come to fruition. This leads to gaps in our Invoice Numbers which looks questionable from an accounting pov