Options

How to import entries

wbnwbn Member Posts: 2

So, Wave was able to import my Wells Fargo bank statements back to September 9, 2018 for a new account. I went in to Wells Fargo to try to get a file showing all transactions from January 1, 2018 to September 9th, 2018, but the file format won't upload into Wave. Is it possible to enter the transactions from January 2018 to September 2018 manually and have it work and reconcile?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @wbn, what file type is it? If it's a PDF, you can use a free PDF > CSV convertor app; just make sure you do your research when using open source products! Either way, let me know what the file format is and we can check out your options.

You could manually enter each of these transactions by clicking Add Income or Add Expense in the Transactions page, although depending on how many transactions you're adding, that may be a pretty mundane task.

• Options
    wbnwbn Member Posts: 2

I saved with a time period I delineated as a qbo file but wave couldn't read it. I'll look for a pdf/csv convertor app

• Options
    nancyindenvernancyindenver Member Posts: 7

What did you end up figuring out? It seems like Wells Fargo makes it intentionally difficult to just get a csv file with complete transaction history from a selected date range.