Under services

donebyandydonebyandy Member Posts: 2

Hello - thanks in advance for any help. Really would like to be able to use Wave more - Hate QB! I am a corporate concierge so I run errands for my customers. I normally have 2 items in products - the item I buy and then my time charges - i have created the "time charge" in services but know would like to run a report on that service ie. time charges - can one do this in Wave? Also in the comments section next to the service - the last typed description is saved - mine differ each time and so I need to go into that comment section and edit the description each time. Most importantly I want to able to run a report on my service called "time charges each month. Hope I have explained myself clearly. Thanks again. Andy Crawford

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @donebyandy!

There isn't a direct way to do this type of reporting, although I can advise you of a workaround if you're interested! You can click Sales > Products and Services, and click the pencil icon next to one of your time charge services. Here, you can change the income account for these services (the default is Sales); click the + button next to it, and this will allow you to make a custom income account, which you can name something like "Time Charge".

Then, when you go to Reports > Account Transactions Report, you'll be able to filter for this account and see all of the income transactions associated with that account! I'm not sure if that works for your books more widely, but it's something you can try and see if it helps.

With regards to the service description, this is expected behaviour; it's meant to be a template description, so the idea is that you'd use the same item (and corresponding description) each time.