Options

Receipt recognition

Vendetta1951Vendetta1951 Member Posts: 1

My receipts are not being read by my phone as it did last year. I get the pic but on my phone must manually enter Vender names , dates, amounts. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Vendetta1951 there are a couple of things that could be causing this. Did you happen to update/get a new phone? Some of the newer model iPhones and Samsungs have a camera that is a little more advanced than our Receipts app can handle (which we're working on to fix), which results in an inability for our app to focus properly on receipts when taking a photo.

Also to confirm, are you taking the pictures directly in app, or outside of it and then uploading them to the app afterwards?

• Options
    jayzzzjayzzz Member Posts: 3

Hi, does OCR work with pdf upload via PC?
    The pdfs are with clear company names and total amounts
    Did I miss out something or it's 'expected'?
    I have 1000 pdf receipts to upload. It would be a pain to enter the details manually one by one...

edited August 9, 2019
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @jayzzz . OCR does work with pdf upload via PC. Please ensure that you have "Capture details automatically" setting toggled to ON under Settings > Receipts otherwise you will have to enter in these details manually.

• Options
    jayzzzjayzzz Member Posts: 3

Thanks @AlexL , yes it was the settings that got turned off after the update.
    Now it works after turning it ON.
    THanks for your help