Getting around lack of merge?

HuntsvillePostHuntsvillePost Member Posts: 3

Merge seems essential.

For instance, if I am manually entering payroll (as opposed to using Wave's payroll service), I'll create a journal entry with a debit to "payroll - salary and wages" for gross pay, various credits for FITW, SITW, etc, and finally a credit to my bank account for the amount paid to the employee by check. That credit to the bank account will need to be merged with the bank transaction that shows the paycheck number, for instance. I could delete the transaction from my bank once it appears, but I lose information (check number) and it seems bad. Or is there another way to do this? Thanks!

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi, thanks for posting!

Yes, based on your question I understand you're using the latest (upgraded) version of our accounting platform, where merge does not yet exist on the Transactions page. We're still in the process of fine-tuning, and this is coming.

In the meantime, the easiest work around it deletion to de-dupe your Transactions page. You should be able to enter any details from the transaction you've deleted onto the remaining transaction.

• Mohamed Imran Buhary Seyed MohamedMohamed Imran Buhary Seyed Mohamed Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

The proper method is: The net amount payable for your payroll or the paid amount you should credit an "Accrued Payable Account" when posting your Payroll transactions. Then when you import your Bank account you can knock that amount off against the amount paid in your bank.