Pro Forma Invoicing

theobbmtheobbm Member Posts: 1

Hi,
I have been getting a hard time creating profoma and follow up on all customers i sent profoma.

Can wave Add this feature already? Or am i the one who don't know where its hidden?

Kindly assist.

Comments

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @theobbm Wave does not have a template for a pro forma invoice, however, you could probably get Estimates to work for you for this purpose. Estimates won't register in your Accounts Receivable, and you can even edit the title from Estimate" to "pro forma" in the top left corner. Find estimates under Sals > Estimates. Hope that helps :)

• gbajadagbajada Member Posts: 5

Hi @Sophia. That doesn't work for me.

I ask my clients for a deposit, therefore I need to issue a receipt. Is there a way I can do this? I tried using an invoice, but I won't be able to change the date of the invoice when the job is done since a payment would have already been made.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @gbajada . No way to do this with your desired flow. You could create a separate invoice with the deposit so you could then send the receipt, ultimately creating another invoice at a later date and using the following article to apply the deposit to the new invoice?

Try it out!

• gbajadagbajada Member Posts: 5

Hi @AlexL . Thanks for your update but that not good enough, to be honest. It's counter-intuitive.

I use Wave to make my life easier. With my workflow I don't need to remember if I asked a client for a deposit or not. It's all there in the pro forma. All I need to do is change the date and the title and send it out again.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@gbajada Totally hear that you are looking for a Pro foma Invoice. As both Sophia and Alex have explained, this type of invoice is not supported through Wave in the exact way that you would like to see it work. Alex's workflow would be the most effective in this case, although, I understand that it may not be ideal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one!

• TrendingTrending Member Posts: 3

How do I convert estimate into Pro-Forma Invoice?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Trending and Welcome to Wave's Community Forum. I merged your post into this ongoing discussion. At the moment, Pro Forma invoices are not a feature that Wave offers because of the complicated nature of the information that is included on these types of invoices. In full transparency, this is not a feature on our current roadmap. As the Sales and Invoicing Product Team continue to revisit the items on the roadmap, if this is a feature that will be added, we will be sure to update this thread so that you will be the first to know!