Options

Pre Approve Payroll

SouthlandOutdoorSouthlandOutdoor Member Posts: 17

I wish I could "pre approve" payroll and schedule the day I want it to be processed.

Our week ends on Friday, so I usually finalize hours anywhere from Saturday to Monday and then I have to remember to go back in and hit the button to "approve payroll" on Tuesday for pay day to be on Friday. If I hit the approve payroll button before Tuesday, my employees get paid too early. But once I've gone in and added/edited the hours prior to Tuesday, I often miss going back in to just hit the approve button.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @stephanieking0128, that's a really great suggestion. I'll pass this on as feedback to our Product Team. It is possible for you to edit the pay date when approving payroll as a work around for now. So you could set your pay date for the following Friday, and approve it during the Saturday - Monday period. Also, as long as the funds hadn't been paid out yet, you would also be able to 'delete' this approved Payroll to open it back up for editing and re-approval pre-Tuesday.

edited December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Frank_Guy1Frank_Guy1 Member Posts: 3

How can an approved payroll be deleted? The option is greyed out.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Frank_Guy1, if the 'delete' button is greyed out it means the Payroll is in a state of processing that can no longer be deleted by you (eg. funds might already be moving). If you reach out to our Support team they may be able to catch it, or help you with any particular request you have! If you are paying for a Payroll by Wave subscription, you will have access to Live Chat from your Wave account.