American Express currency

dlee2833dlee2833 Member Posts: 2

Hi, I have my American Express Canada credit card automatically importing transactions. Everything was working fine until it asked me to update my Safari because the previous version was not supported. Now it's showing up that the transactions are in USD (when in fact they're in CAD) and I have to manually adjust the currency. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you

Comments

• apikeapike Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issue. The account is listed as American Express (Canada), but the transactions are coming through in USD. There is no way for me to switch the currecny of the account itself (option is grayed out and unselectable), nor any of the individual transactions. If I manually add a transaction to this account in CAD, it gets coverted to USD through some unbenknownst exchange rate.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @dlee2833 @apike. It sounds like our 3rd party data collector and your bank are having a miscommunication that the currency is showing up in USD. For clarify, are the transactions themselves still displaying the correct amount? As in, even though it says 'USD' are the amount still reflective of what shows up in your bank statement? Also, to confirm, this only started happening after we migrated your account to the latest software? Please let me know so I can do a bit of further investigating on my end.

• dlee2833dlee2833 Member Posts: 2

Hi @JamieD, thank you for your help. Yes, that's correct. It is still showing the correct amount, just that it will say 'USD'
    Yes, to confirm, this only started happening with the latest software (it previously displayed the account in the correct currency CAD).
    Thank you for your help

• apikeapike Member Posts: 2

I only recently started using it, so I'm not sure what was happening before, but I can confirm that the amounts are the correct number, but in the wrong currency.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @apike and @dlee2833, thanks for your patience while we looked into this. I had someone else experiencing this issue, and I escalated it to our third-party data aggregator, where they claimed to have fixed this currency mismatch. Please manually refresh the connection by clicking Banking > Bank Connections > Update Now, and let me know if it's resolved for you as well. If not, I'll open up separate service requests per Jamie's mention above.