Looking for a California accountant

WoodWizard1_WoodWizard1_ Member Posts: 1

My accountant is great.
But he won't use Wave.
Where can I go.

Comments

• Options
    RyanGouldingCPARyanGouldingCPA Member Posts: 3

You can look for a bookkeeper who prepares your year end financial statements for your accountant to use for tax return preparation. Some accountants do not want to deal with bookkeeping side. We are a CPA firm based in Chicago so are not that familiar with CA state laws but are familiar with small business bookkeeping. Wave is similar enough to Quickbooks where most bookkeepers should not have a problem using wave.

• Options
    magicwillmagicwill Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

@WoodWizard1_ said:
    My accountant is great.
    But he won't use Wave.
    Where can I go.

Hello,
    I'm also a Chicago based accountant, but I've worked with CA based clients in the Wave platform since 2013. I offer services ranging from periodic consulting and review through full maintenance of a client's books and preparation of all federal and state filings. However, since the IRS instituted its $5K penalty associated with preparing the 1120S for audited clients found non-compliant with shareholder/employee salary documentation rules I've greatly curtailed that specific service.
    I've represented clients before the CA FTB, though I'm not able to do so before the IRS. However, I routinely prepare the written responses for clients with matters before the IRS... which they then submit over their signature. My practice is listed here as WJS Consulting.