Auto-categorize expenses?

tcollingtcolling Member Posts: 5

Hi - I thought I read somewhere that Wave would soon be having the ability to auto-assign categories to downloaded expenses. I cannot find that function anywhere in Wave. Does that ability exist?

Thank you!

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @tcolling, it does! That being said, we're rolling it out slowly to ensure that it functions well across accounts. Keep an eye out, as it should be added to your account soon!

• tcollingtcolling Member Posts: 5

Thank you for that information. I sure could have used it, or used the answer to my question, during the past few days. I just spent a few days categorizing and verifying every single transaction in my business account for the past year. I have been waiting for this feature ever since I received an email about it last September.

I have to say, it always feels to me like Wave over-promises and then under-delivers. This time is no different.

:angry:

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@tcolling I completely understand where you are coming from and apologize for inconvenience you've experienced. We just want to make sure there are no hiccups before completely opening this feature up. For example, we wouldn't want any of your previous categorizations to be undone accidentally. While this might not change your stance on things, I just wanted to clarify where we are coming from as well.

• stauffer2stauffer2 Member Posts: 2

Its 2021 now, how do I tell waveapps to auto categorize certain 'descriptions' as a 'cost of goods' transaction?