Options

Auto Payment of Invoice via ACH

petespetes Member Posts: 21

I have a client that is paying a recurring invoice by credit card. He would like to do it by ACH. I know I can switch to manual payment then he could use the bank routing and account numbers to do ACH, but will he be able to set this up so it will be paid automatically like the credit card does now?

Comments

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

HI @petes at this moment, recurring/automatic ACH payments are not available in Wave. This requires bank participation and additional changes under the hood to remain in compliance with banking standards. However, I'll bring this up to the team to let them know our users are interested in this!

• Options
    Deboer616Deboer616 Member Posts: 1
    I have the Same need!
  • Options
    NicolasGNicolasG Member Posts: 1
    Is wave ready now to accept automated ACH payments?
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @NicolasG

ACH automated payments are not currently something our payments team is looking into. There are several issues at play when it comes to connecting an ACH payment for automatic payments. Typically liability accounts are best suited for this type of transaction mostly for the chargeback procedure. If a user decides to create an invoice and charge someone's credit card on file for automatic payments on a recurring invoice, the client has the ability to chargeback an invoice if it's not within their contract. This becomes a bit more tricky for ACH bank payments. Hope this gives a bit more context to your question!

• Options
    Kyle_RKyle_R Member Posts: 4

This would be a great feature considering the lower transaction rate. This combined with wave banking's free ACH transactions would save my business a bundle each month - enough to use Wave end-to-end. In the meantime, I can't sacrifice the consistent cash flow that automated cc payments provide, and the move from my current banking would be a hassle.

• Options
    sean_dsean_d Member Posts: 4

I agree with the others. This would make a big difference. I have clients who would prefer to use ACH over credit card. I really hope this is a feature to be implemented in the near future.