Options

Lost visibility of all accounts in dashboard - "Bank Accounts & Credit Cards" area empty

nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

After ongoing issues last week and non-responded support request, the issues have now changed from failing connections to no accounts visible at all anymore. For the last 24hrs. my dashboards just show empty areas under "Bank Accounts & Credit Cards".

I appreciate that you are making drastic changes, but rather than leaving this now rather boring message regarding the "budgets and investments features" soon to disappear "soon" up for months (!!!), it would be helpful to announce in a more agile way if certain downtimes may occur and how long they are likely to take.

The fact that I have now posted a number of support requests and NONE of them have been answered by a human is very poor.

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @nadworks I can see that you opened several tickets, which received our automated response based on the content of your ticket. When we send an automated response we do ask that you follow up on that ticket if the auto-response does not resolve that issue. It looks like you didn't reply on any of those tickets, so unfortunately we weren't made aware you still needed help, and the tickets were marked as resolved.

However, to answer your question, bank connections are provided by a third-party data provider, who works with Wave and many other financial services companies to provide bank connections. You can read more about that here.

As the article will tell you, certain bank connection issues are unfortunately outside of Wave's control, as we don't touch any of your bank information directly. This bank connection failure you are experiencing is not "Wave downtime," but a connection failure between your online banking and our third-party data provider. Your best bet would be to clear your cache, close your browser, then re-open and refresh the connection. If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to try disconnecting your bank and uploading transaction exports, instead. It's only slightly more manual and will save you the troubleshooting time with your connection.

• Options
    nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks, Sophia. Just to clarify:

1) All my bank connections are fine and active and are successfully connected. The problem is that no bank data is showing. My dashboard is empty in the "Accounts" section, it's not even showing an error. Please check the screenshots I attached.

2) it is not possible that ALL my banks and credit cards (business and personal) are simultaneously are having connectivity problems of a sort that is not showing an error. I have been with WAVE for many (!!!) years and know what an individual bank connection issue looks like. This is not it.

Please investigate this. I have not been able to see my accounts in 2 days now.

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @nadworks thank you for providing further information! Please open a new ticket in your account by clicking "Help" in the bottom lefthand corner and please make sure not to select bank connections in the dropdown menu. Select "Transactions," or "Dashboard" instead - up to you. When you open the ticket please include 1) as specific a timeline as possible regarding how long this has been happening, and 2) screenshots. Please expand your screenshots to include the entire page so we can get a better sense of what is happening. Thanks!