Options

removing default accounts

lwebblwebb Member Posts: 3

we are a privately owned fishing camp with 9 members. We do not send invoices, have any inventory, need a record of either short or long term assets, or worry with depreciation or amortization etc. I do need to keep track of members dues or guests payments and what we spend on utilities or repairs. So I many of the default accounts just are un necessary and complicate the interface. How can I delete these? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @lwebb, you can't exactly delete these accounts, but you can archive them so that your account looks less cluttered! You would do this by clicking Accounting > Chart of Accounts > pencil icon next to the respective account > click Archive this account. Then, you're good to go!

• Options

Thanks Ryan but there aren't any pencil icons next to the categories I don't need? inventory, depreciation, vendor payments etc.

• Options

Ryan, any more suggestions? As I mentioned there aren't pencil icons next to the default catagories?

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@lwebb These headings are suggestions rather than actual "default" categories. They are here as guidance for when you are creating new accounts eventually. While I understand that they may be currently unused, they cannot be removed because each different account type allow different actions within your bookkeeping and hypothetically removing one of these account types would mean that you could never create an account with it's specific functionality.