How to export a filtered Transaction report

DV3DDV3D Member Posts: 2

Looking into using Wave. When I go into Transactions and filter, say for example, 10 expense items it displays the updated list. How do I print or export that filtered report?

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @DV3D, you won't be able to export directly from the Transactions page. Instead, you'll need to filter for these transactions in the Account Transactions report, and then click Export at the top right corner of the page. However, if these expenses range across multiple accounts, then this may not really be what you're looking for. What type of report are you trying to export based on the transactions you're filtering by? I can't guarantee that there's a way to export that exactly, but this is good to get feedback and insight on!

• DV3DDV3D Member Posts: 2

Good morning Ryan, thanks for the reply. I finally did figure it out that it can be done in the report. It is actually for 2 divisions that share the same checking account. Income is not a problem as i created 2 income accounts. On expenses i just add the code for each company. When i export expenses in a CSV file it puts them in order by code and i can manipulate from there. I just want to be able to track basic income vs expenses for the 2 divisions separately. The other question my tax accountant asked is what happens to all the data, invoices, detailed expenses, client contact info, etc, if your company stops operations for some reason. How do i back all that up? Thanks for all your help.

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @DV3D, you should be able to export your data in a couple of ways:

1. Exporting your reports
    2. Navigating to Settings>Data Export. You can learn more in our Help Center article about the topic