Cannot connect new bank accounts

linda_vlinda_v Member Posts: 8

Good morning,

I was having problems with my Capitec South Africa and ING Netherlands bank accounts. They wouldn't sync anymore. So I removed them with the intention of re-adding them.

When I try to connect them from scratch I can fill in their usernames and passwords, but when I hit the 'connect' button nothing happens. Please help me. Thank you very much!

With kind regards,
Linda.

edited January 5, 2019 in Bank Connections

Comments

• linda_vlinda_v Member Posts: 8

Can someone please respond. It is still not working.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @linda_v. Although you may have already attempted this, it sounds like there might need to be a bit of browser troubleshooting here in order for you to select the connect button. If you are not receiving any particular error response when trying this, please trying clearing your cached data & cookies, make sure that Chrome is updated to the latest version and try that way. If this still fails, please try using an incognito browser .. and lastly, let us know if you are still unable to connect to your bank after performing these steps.

Hi Jamie, thank you for reaching out. I had already cleared my cookies and cache in Google Chrome (my standard browser) prior to logging this ticket. I have also tried connecting the accounts from FireFox and just now from the Avast Secure Browser. The same thing happens; or better yet, doesn't happen. I do get the ReCaptcha picture, but when I finish that successfully nothing happens. I've tried a couple of times just incase I made a mistake in one. I have verified that the URL's for ING Netherlands and Capitec South Africa are accurately. I hope you can help me further.

Jamie, I just tried again, and I am getting this error: Unable to connect, please try again.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @linda_v -- Apologies for the late reply here, but are you still not able to actually select the 'connect' button when you are trying to add the connection? I've actually sent you a support ticket email since I feel as though we may need to conduct more troubleshooting that would be best handled over our ticketing system.

Good morning Jamie, I am not sure if you did something on your side other than opening the support ticket. But I have just tried adding the accounts again, and I have been successful! :-) You may close the ticket. Thank you so much for whatever it was you did!! Happiness!

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@linda_v just responded to your other post, but this one is even better! Glad that everything's working for you again and thank you for being such a loyal Wave user over the last 4 years!!! That's what we call happiness!! :)