Options

Matching Receipts to Bank Transactions

JonGrilliJonGrilli Member Posts: 4

When I verify a receipt, it posts it to accounting, however there is nearly always another transaction there that has automatically imported from my bank account, is there any way to merge these? Otherwise I end up with two transactions with screws with my accounting

My work around might just be to disconnect my credit card from Wave as then I'd only put in expenses I had receipts for anyway, but just wondering if anyone's got a solution without doing that

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments

• Options
    nichanafeynichanafey Member Posts: 5

Hi JonGrilli,

Yes you absolutely can merge the transactions - in fact, according to Wave, that is the recommended process.

Just go to Accounting > Transactions and find the duplicate entries (one from your bank feed and one from the receipt verification); select the entries (using the check-boxes on the left) and click the Merge button that appears at the top of the screen.

The transactions will be merged into one new transaction. PRO TIP - you can Unmerge the new transaction from within the transaction details (click View source transactions).

Hope this helps!
    Nic

• Options
    JonGrilliJonGrilli Member Posts: 4

That does really help, thanks! Hadn't spotted the merge feature, that makes a nice workflow