Moving Receipts between businesses

sabrinasabrina Member Posts: 1

I have two businesses under one sign-in.
if i link receipts to one of my businesses and later choose to move it to the other , can i do that ?

Comments

• ailsaailsa Member Posts: 16 admin

Hey @sabrina!

My name is Ailsa and I'm a Product Designer here at Wave.

We don't currently have a way to move receipts (or transactions) from one business to another. At this point, the best way to handle this would be to recreate the receipts in your second business.

In the meantime, I'll loop in the appropriate Product Manager to let them know your interest in this. I don't believe it's on the roadmap for 2019 currently, but the more we get requests from users like yourself, the more chance we'll prioritize something and potentially move it onto our dockets.

• micosfmicosf Member Posts: 1

I just went through uploading 200+ receipts into a new business only to realize I had the business miscategorized when I created it so the categories were not correct. You can't recategorize the business after its created, so now I have to delete everything and re-upload each receipt. This is many hours wasted.

• ClarkeyClarkey Member Posts: 16

Why has this functionality been removed when it was so core to the product prior to upgrade?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Clarkey . There are a lot of bookkeeping implications of moving transactions between businesses/personal profile that users were unaware of. We've removed the functionality until we can create a similar one that addresses all of these accounting ramifications in an easy, understandable way.

• tshm001tshm001 Member Posts: 9

@AlexL said:
    Hey @Clarkey . There are a lot of bookkeeping implications of moving transactions between businesses/personal profile that users were unaware of. We've removed the functionality until we can create a similar one that addresses all of these accounting ramifications in an easy, understandable way.

This feature was core to business owners and amateur bookkeepers who both were aware of the implications and still needed this feature. You still haven't brought back this feature and it's still absolutely needed. In my case, this paternalistic attitude of "the feature was too problematic for your books so we removed it" is completely unwelcome and makes your company look hostile to your users and ignorant and unaware of who we are and why we use this product rather than something like Quickbooks or Xero.