Unable to link my bank: Bancomer Mexico Empresas

AireLibreRunningAireLibreRunning Member Posts: 1

After selecting my bank from dropdown and entering the correct credentials (same ones I use to login at the bank's website) I get the following message: "It looks like there are no bank or credit card accounts associated with those credentials. Please confirm that you've connected the right account. If you believe there is an error, please visit our help center to investigate."

Please help! I'm in urgent need to link my bank account.

Thanks!

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@AireLibreRunning depending on the bank, this may be because our third-party banking data aggregator is unable to read certain account types from specific banks. If you aren't seeing yours come up, there may be a separate portal for connection (when searching your bank name, if multiple similar come up, try another one of those). Barring this, unfortunately this means we are unable to offer a successful bank connection with your accounts at this time. If you let me know the bank however I can report to our provider a lack of successful connection so that they can look into things.

• alinaalvarezalinaalvarez Member Posts: 1

Hi @Samd having the same issue as @AireLibreRunning with Bancomer, except my account is a personal BBVA Bancomer account not an "Empresa", do you know if you will be fixing this connectivity issue anytime soon, this really impacts my accounting since I need to be able to assign expenses from my US accounts as income into my Mexican accounts for tax purposes. Thanks!!!

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @alinaalvarez, it's looking like there are two possible connections available for BBV if you exclude Empresa. One of these is currently showing a connection not supported error though, which means that unfortunately the bank's internal reporting is not compatible with the system our banking data provider uses. This isn't necessarily a permanent issue, but when a connection type is unsupported it often takes a lot longer to establish a connection. I'd recommend trying the other BBVA Bancomer login portal available on the bank connections page if it shows for you.

If not, we actually just connected with Google Sheets to make data import/exports a lot easier. There is more info here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

In essence, you could upload your banking data CSV to Google Sheets, and import it directly into Wave. This gives you a lot more customization options than our regular CSV upload as well, as Google Sheets is a lot more user friendly if any information tweaks are necessary. I hope this help! I realize this is still a manual workaround that doesn't fully make up for the lack of direct bank connection, but I'm hoping it eases the burden of pulling in transactions to Wave when those bank connections are unavailable.

• threesthrees Member Posts: 2

WAVE says my credentials are wrong even though I double checked them on the bank website.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @threes

In most bank connection cases I'd usually recommend reaching out to our support team as they'd have a lot more insight into your bank connection status. They can also raise a ticket to our 3rd party bank aggregator to investigate what the issue might be and offer more granular support!