Where to Enter Real Estate Value?

scottdevscottdev Member Posts: 2

I see the Assets - Property, Plant, Equipment. I've enter our Real Estate addresses - but where do I enter the value of each property?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @scottdev.

You would enter the value of your property as an asset transaction, on the Transactions page. If you want to manage your different properties as different accounts, you can create accounts for each of them on the Chart of Accounts page, under the Assets tab.

• msamanoudy2msamanoudy2 Member Posts: 9

Hi Alexia,
    But what if i have an invoice for office furniture that needs to be capitalized; when i am creating the bill, i got stuck with expenses category or inventory, even if i try to change it through the transaction section. Please advise

Hi @msamanoudy2.

You should be able to choose an asset account in those cases. Have you created an appropriate one on your Chart of Accounts page? If not, you'll just have to do that first.

Yes i did on the chart of account, but i am not able to pick it, neither while i am creating the Bill nor to adjust it from elsewhere!!!! from your experience what would be the other reasons for such a thing, and what could be the solution??

Can you show me a screenshot of that asset account in your Chart of Accounts, @msamanoudy2, and another one of it missing from the categories for your bill? There's a known bug making accounts disappear from the Bills page, and if it's related, we're best off documenting your issue as well as possible.

Are you able to create an expense and assign it to that category without creating a bill? This might be related to a bug we know about.

Hi Alexia, please check the attachment and let me know with your view, apologies for not getting back to you earlier

Hi @msamanoudy2.

Because of new rules concerning Bills, you can't use asset accounts from the Plant, Property and Equipment header for line items in bills. You can get around it by just changing the account type to either Other Short-Term or Other Long-Term Assets on your Chart of accounts. Let me know if that works!

Hi Alexia,
    Please find attached the trial that you proposed, but it didn't work. Please advise.

Regards
    Mohamed

Hi @msamanoudy2.

Could you try clearing your browser's cache and trying again?

If it doesn't work, are you able to archive it and create a new account under Other Long-Term Assets? You can change the name of the original one to make it obvious it shouldn't be used, as well.