Invoice Report

aneil79aneil79 Member Posts: 2

I used to run a sales tax audit report at the end of a month to show me the invoices that had been generated, It would detail the Amount before Tax and the Tax Payable - I can't seem to find such a report - can anyone suggest an alternative or a workaround? I used this to calculate the VAT I owed at the end of the quarter.

Comments

• Marc_Wilmot_1Marc_Wilmot_1 Member Posts: 2

Hi aneil79, did you get an answer at all to your Sales Tax Audit query? I'm having the same issue and wondered if it's now a paid for service?

• aneil79aneil79 Member Posts: 2
    @Marc_Wilmot_1 no haven’t found anything - thought wave would have came back to me but they haven’t. How do you find out about chargeable reports?
  • Marc_Wilmot_1Marc_Wilmot_1 Member Posts: 2
    I think they’ve started charging for the Tax Audit but, really bad that nothing has come through on email or any other way to tell us that the tax system is not now available as it was. I’ve had no response either only an email saying that my question has been received. My accountant isn’t happy at all. Neither am I.

Thanks for your response though- that is appreciated!

Kindest regards,
    Marc
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@aneil79 @Marc_Wilmot_1 Sorry about the late reply here. After the migration of our users to the latest software, being able to select 'Show Audit Report' on the Sales Tax report page is no longer available to our users. With that being said, in the Reports section you should be able to click on Sales Tax and see the before tax amount, and the tax receivable/payable to you based on the information that you've entered into Wave. I've included a screenshot of my test account as an example of what this report generates/looks like.

• SusanfromNZSusanfromNZ Member Posts: 7

This is not helpful. We need the audit report too.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @SusanfromNZ, this report was removed but the new base model of the sales tax report includes the information previously shown in the audit version. Also, some of this information can be supplemented by heading over to the General Ledger report and narrowing down to the relevant accounts and/or taxes to pull up additional transaction details.

I know this means that you'd need to export each report individually, and then merge into an excel sheet which is a bit more work, so I will definitely be passing this feedback back to our Product Team!