How do you track billable hours?

SJPMNHSJPMNH Member Posts: 3

Hi there -

I'm new to Wave and just getting it set up. I run a design business and I need to add billable hours for my clients. I have searched the Dashboard and can't seem to find this, am I missing something? I see where you set up the services but how do I track hours in the program? Thank you!

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @SJPMNH! Wave doesn't have a time-tracking tool built in. However, you can check out other integrations we have with time-tracking apps via our partnership with Zapier. You can check out these options if you click the Integrations tab on the left nav bar.

• SJPMNHSJPMNH Member Posts: 3

Wow that seems like such a basic item, too bad they don't have it...can't really use the program if we can't track our hours. I looked at the options using Zapier and I don't see one for tracking billable hours. Do you know of one? Thanks!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin
  • SJPMNHSJPMNH Member Posts: 3

Thank you. I'm aware there are other 3rd party programs to track hours. I was hoping Wave was more like FreshBooks where tracking billable hours is just a seamless part of the platform vs. having to manually transfer data from one application to another. Wave is a free program so there may be incentive for people to make that effort vs. FreshBooks which charges a monthly fee for their service.

• FireHorseFireHorse Member Posts: 3

@SJPMNH did you manage to find a solution. I'm just setting up Wave and want to introduce billable time and billable expenses (including billable expenses markup similar to how Manager suggests) as opposed to maintaining COGS and inventory. I don't run payroll as I'm a sole trader. I've discovered Clockify which seems to meet my needs and would just love it if Wave (I've set a Zap to create a client in Clockify whenever I create a new customer in Wave) was able to add billable time to an invoice/project.