Create categories

ShoshanaBShoshanaB Member Posts: 1

The list of transaction categories for filing is very limited. I need one for legal, and there is nowhere to add one.

Comments

• johnmshepardjohnmshepard Member Posts: 1

Yes, I too am finding the list of transaction categories insufficient. Who can help?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @ShoshanaB and @johnmshepard ! New categories can be added from your Chart of Accounts page. Once you select an account type, you'll be able to name the category as needed. You can find a quick guide here. If this doesn't clear things up, please let me know.

edited January 29, 2019
  • DanAryaDanArya Member Posts: 1

Hello Charlotte,
    According to what I've understood, what you're describing is how to add an account to an existing sub-category. What I'd Like to know is how to create a brand new sub-category?

For instance, Under the main category of 'Assets', there are 9 sub-categories (starting with 'Cash and Bank' and ending with 'Other Long-Term Assets') to which one can add an account as desired. But how does one add another sub-category to the aforementioned 9?

Many thanks,
    Dan

edited February 24, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @DanArya, I'm afraid that it is not possible to edit or add to the existing sub-categories in your Chart of Accounts.

I would be interested in hearing what kind of sub-category you are looking to add to your account? I would be happy to then check in with our product team to see if it is and addition that might be on the horizon! :smile: