BMO Harris changed API

2»

Comments

• Options
    UrbscaburbUrbscaburb Member Posts: 8

I'm having exact same issue!

• Options
    petespetes Member Posts: 21

I just entered a 2nd support request. There was zero response on the one I submitted last week. Also, will start Tweeting @WaveHQ until I get someone to explain how we have this problem again.

And it is not sufficient to say upload by hand until it get fixed. Last time that caused me many more problems than it was worth.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @abcde + @petes . Yeah it looks like there is a general outage being reported by our aggregator for BMO Harris at the moment. Our aggregator is aware of it although we don't have an ETA at the moment.

• Options
    abcdeabcde Member Posts: 9

If there is no ETA, is there a mechanism to be informed of it? Is there a way we can be notified? thanks.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @abcde

Unfortunately we don't send out comms regarding when bank connections are fixed. The reason for this is because these connections with the hundreds of banks we service can lose connection whenever the bank makes an API change. Therefore we're unable to notify users when their bank goes active. When your account starts importing transactions you should see this in your transactions page.

• Options
    abcdeabcde Member Posts: 9

Now as I am trying to test the connection, it appears BMO Harris is removed entirely from Wave's list of banks... kindly advise.

• Options

BMO Harris seems to be oblivious to the problem, and do not appear to have put any resources in to help. I opened a new account with Inland Bank and plan to do a final manual sync with my BMO account.

• Options
    generalinqgeneralinq Member Posts: 14

I gave up and stopped importing my transactions from BMO Harris. It kept locking up my account and I'd have to spend an hour on the phone with BMO Harris to have it unlocked. I just input my transactions manually but I can see this being an issue with companies that have high volume transactions.

• Options
    stevegsilver73stevegsilver73 Member Posts: 4

Now BMO Harris Bank isn't even listed anymore when I attempted to search for it in Wave. When I asked Wave support about this issue, this was their reply:

"For the BMO Harris connection, I reached out to our third party data aggregator and it seems that they are currently experiencing some problems with that financial institution and its currently unsupported. Unfortunately, as this is an ongoing situation between the financial institution and our data aggregator, we can't provide an ETA on when this will be restored completely."

I sent a message to BMO Harris several days ago asking for an update, but I haven't heard back yet.

• Options

I moved to a new bank. BMO is completely unresponsive to developers, and as much as I like my BMO banker, I can't use BMO if they don't play with my accounting tools. If you are in Chicago or NW Chicagoland, then you can get a good deal at Inland Bank. That is where I went.

• Options
    Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @abcde, @petes, @generalinq, and @stevegsilver73

Sorry to hear that you guys had been experiencing such ongoing issues with the BMO Harris integration. As Steve pointed out already, I'm afraid that this is an ongoing issue between our third party banking integrations partner, Plaid, and BMO Harris. As a result, it's really difficult for us at Wave to provide much insight or an ETA on a fix.

For those of you that have switched to another financial institution, I hope that you're finding things are working more smoothly. For those who haven't, I would recommend that you upload your bank statements into Wave manually. It's a very quick, straight forward process that basically involves uploading a .csv of your statement onto the Accounting > Transactions page.

• Options
    stevegsilver73stevegsilver73 Member Posts: 4

I contacted BMO Harris on the phone today. I spoke with a representative who was very pleasant and professional, and he took the time to explain the situation to me. While he did acknowledge that many customers have called in about this, he could not give me an estimated time frame as to when they were going to resolve this. He said he would escalate my request, but that was the most that he could do. I informed him that without a estimated time frame as to when they were going to resolve this issue, I would have to find another bank to do business with, and he said he understood. I find it puzzling that it has been a year since BMO Harris changed their API and they still haven't resolved this issue, and cannot even give a timeline as to when it will be resolved -- but regardless, I will be moving to another bank.

• Options
    WRFUWRFU Member Posts: 1

It worked 2 months ago, and now it hasn't updated since June 21....