recurring journals

MrLaloMrLalo Member Posts: 3

hello everyone. is there anyone able to create recurring journals? I have the same journals posting twice a month, and was wondering if there is away to copy the journals or save them as template so I don't have to enter all the details every time.

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @MrLalo you can't automatically set a journal transaction to a recurring status, however you can duplicate them rather easily! All you gotta do is find a journal transaction, and click on it. When it opens the tab on the right to review it, you'll see a duplicate icon next to the trashcan icon; if you hover your cursor over it, it'll say "duplicate".

• RobinBRobinB Member Posts: 2

A recurring journal feature would be a great addition. For example depreciation journals where there are no real fixed asset movement and just posting monthly. @Ryan_W Please consider as feature request.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @RobinB . Thanks for the feedback on this as well providing the use case and how this would be helpful to your business.

• MrLaloMrLalo Member Posts: 3

@Ryan_W, just saw your post, can you provide a screen shot, because I don't see any of the options you mention.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@MrLalo I just checked your account and I'm afraid that this feature is only available in the new version of Wave; your account hasn't been moved over to this version yet. Keep an eye on your Wave account for this update!

• roberth709roberth709 Member Posts: 5

@AlexL said:
    Hi @RobinB . Thanks for the feedback on this as well providing the use case and how this would be helpful to your business.

This would be very helpful. Not only for depreciation bookings, but also for yearly expenses that need to be allocated to each month.

(e.g. 2019-06-01 Purchase a 1 year license)
    [BS] Dt Prepaid expenses 120k
    [BS] Ct Cash 120k

Than you want to be able to set a recurring booking (preferably a set amount of times)
    End of each month
    [PL] DT License Cost 12k
    [BS] CT Prepaid expenses 12k

In this case you immediately solved cut off issues between the years.