Please allow sorting by column headers for Receipts

ThorianThorian Member Posts: 4

Please allow sorting of entries by clicking on the column headers e.G. in Receipts. It would make my life so much easier. Also a search button would be awesome like in a filter.

Comments

• OliverOliver Member Posts: 3

I just came to search for a solution to this problem. Glad to know I am not just missing something. Strange to me that the Receipts wouldn't be sortable by date, or at the very least, come pre-sorted by date. Makes for a lot of scrolling and hunting!

While we are at it, it would be awesome if the little "Success" window that pops up after uploading a receipt didn't perfectly cover up the "Upload a Receipt" button. When uploading multiple receipts in a row, it is tedious to constantly have to dismiss this pop-up, just to get at the button underlying it. I know, it's a little picky, but every click counts ;)

• zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hello @Oliver and @Thorian. Thank you for your question.

I can definitely see value in adding those capabilities to the receipts page. That part of Wave hasn't really received the love and attention it deserves.

Right now, there are no plans on adding more to that page. However, the long term plan is to give receipts a more prominent home on the transactions page. Filter, sorting and search already exist there so the goal is to extend those features to receipts, while keeping everything in one place.

What are your current processes for receipt upload? Do you upload everything once a month/quarter/etc? How does all of this play into you and your business' day-to-day?

And, I couldn't agree more about every click counting. Hopefully having everything live in one place will reduce the clicks in the long run.

• ThorianThorian Member Posts: 4

Hello @zuza
    We upload our reciepts when we are in the office i usually do it once a week and put them in a tray for the bookkeeping department which then makes the assignments later when they get to it.

Some of us use the app some a scanner in the office. Its kind of a pain that you only can upload one file at a time on the website tho.

Am really looking forward to your api and hope all those features can be simplified by api calls in the near future.

• MisndigitMisndigit Member Posts: 1

+1 for this sorting

• satwikbsatwikb Member Posts: 1

+1 for sorting

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

@Thorian Thanks for getting back to us on that! As was previously mentioned, making receipts a more prominent feature with our transactions is definitely still in our roadmap. As you have noted, there isn't currently a way to sort through receipts in the receipt page or search for them. Essentially, the receipts page in your Wave account is more of a landing page to view your receipts rather than a page to look through and make edits. In order to sort through your receipts, you would need to sort through them in the Transactions page. The Wave created transaction for your receipts includes all the relevant information, as well as an attached image of your receipt.

Hey @Misndigit & @satwikb, thank you for providing a +1 for this idea. As our product teams consider future updates to our features, they view the Community as a space where they can get an idea of user feedback on our platform. We have been looking to feature our Receipts page more prominently within Wave, so your feedback will be useful as we try to get there!