Options

Feature request

LomanLoman Member Posts: 1

Please implement Bold, Italics etc on invoices. Even if its only on the notes.

It would be nice to Bold one line so it catches the eye easier and make sure clients take note of it.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Loman.

Can you give me a bit of a better idea of how this can be useful in the specific context of your business?

If you're curious about the way we select new features, you can find more information here.

• Options
    thebookkeeperthebookkeeper Member Posts: 5

I would like to be able to write botanical names correctly within the items of invoices. To do this I would need to be able to add a product and allow part of the text to be italic for each product. Even if it is just using markup in some way such as Italic item a bit more text

edited August 3, 2018
  • Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @thebookkeeper.

I can see that being useful considering your field (which is medicine-related, right? I remember you saying something along those lines in a past post).

Thank you for adding your voice to this one.

• Options
    ElishamahElishamah Member Posts: 1

Hi Guys. Could you create:

1. A feature of recurring estimates (or saved estimates - where you would then just change the customer name), the same way you have recurring invoices. I have customers who like to request estimates of the same products and it would be nice to simply have a template saved and all I do is just input the customer name.

2. A feature of a comparative estimate. For use in the case where you have different packages or discounts for purchasing in bulk etc. Where you can, on the same estimate be able to show the customer the different pricing options while encouraging them to choose the most economical (the one you have on special ;) )

3. The ability to convert an invoice into a delivery note. (Copies all information from the invoice except maybe the prices, with the ability to edit date, and adds a space at the bottom for the Deliverer and Receiver to sign).

4. The ability to download Customer Statements into pdf format the same way we can with estimates and invoices. In my country internet is a luxury to many people, so I enjoy the ability to send estimates and invoices via WhatsaApp. But I don't like that the statement is only sent as a link. I would really like to be able to download them also.

Thank you for the wonderful product you guys have created. You empower small businesses and make us feel and function professionally. I really hope you will consider these features and would be super happy if you could add them in your next version.

• Options
    KblacKblac Member Posts: 20

This would be a very handy feature to have. I do really need ASAP.

• Options
    Michael_LMichael_L Member Posts: 11

Feature request: make a user profile for 'salesperson' or 'customer account manager' which is limited to invoicing clients and accepting payments.

My company is a fairly small service-based business; we have between 5 and 7 employees depending on the season. Two of us are involved in all the finances including payroll and banking; the others deal only with clients and at various times will be required to invoice customers and/or accept payments.

The mobile "Invoice" app currently offers something very similar to what I'm after, but of course if I invite an employee to use the app they could also use the login credentials on the website - and gain access to confidential information. It also wouldn't be too practical to purchase a tablet for my employees to process sales with when they already have access to a computer at all times.

I believe adding this feature would expand your potential client base by making Wave more viable in multi-user companies. Also - a huge compliment to you all, I really like the experience I've had so far learning and testing your software - it's well put together.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @Michael_L what you're describing is something that we've had a lot of feedback on, which is great! We're in the midst of revamping the way that the user permissions are granted, and what type of access a guest user has, so keep an eye out for these changes in the future!

• Options
    ReubenBReubenB Member Posts: 2
    Feature Request #1 - Average days for a specific client to pay. It would be great to have some basic analytics on the client level. Ie: “takes 12 days to pay on average”. This is very useful for relationship management and seems like a relatively simple implementation with a lot of benefit for users.

Feature Request #2 - A way for CLIENTS to see what other invoices THEY owe. This is likely a large implementation, but thought I’d mention it anyways. I’ve had a number of clients pay more recent invoices and not remember the older one. If there was an elegant way for clients to see other outstanding invoices (or recent invoices, marking paid and outstanding) while viewing one invoice, that would be nice. Tricky maybe, but a really nice feature on the receiving end!

Many thanks,

Reuben.
  • Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @ReubenB! Welcome to the Wave Community!

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback and the requests that you'd love to see implemented into Wave.

I totally agree that having some sort of analytic tracker would be a really interesting approach to understanding and forecasting your income. I know that currently Wave does offer this stat that is inclusive of all invoices on the "Invoices" page. My question for you is where in app would be ideal for you to see this sort of information on a customer level?

In terms of the your second request, I think you are right in saying that this would likely be a large implementation, however, I'm curious if you have explored the "Customer Statement" feature in Wave yet? It's accessible through the "Sales" tab and allows you to create a document that has all of the outstanding invoices that a customer has yet to pay. Many Wavers opt to send this to customers on a monthly cadence so that they have a complete list.

Side note, I lived on the west coast for a year and heard amazing things about Victoria! :)

edited May 17, 2019
  • Options
    ReubenBReubenB Member Posts: 2
    > @JordanFromWave said:
    > Hey @ReubenB! Welcome to the Wave Community!
    >
    > I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback and the requests that you'd love to see implemented into Wave.
    >
    > I totally agree that having some sort of analytic tracker would be a really interesting approach to understanding and forecasting your income. I know that currently Wave does offer this stat that is inclusive of all invoices on the "Invoices" page. My question for you is where in app would be ideal for you to see this sort of information on a customer level?
    >
    > In terms of the your second request, I think you are right in saying that this would likely be a large implementation, however, I'm curious if you have explored the "Customer Statement" feature in Wave yet? It's accessible through the "Sales" tab and allows you to create a document that has all of the outstanding invoices that a customer has yet to pay. Many Wavers opt to send this to customers on a monthly cadence so that they have a complete list.
    >
    > Side note, I lived on the west coast for a year and heard amazing things about Victoria! :)

—-
    Victoria’s good! Thanks for the reply. I intended to follow up sooner.

For the first part, it would be ideal to see this in multiple locations. Off the top of y head:

1. On the sales dashboard when a customer is filtered, it would update and show average days that specific customer takes to pay.

2. On the customer record, adding a dashboard to that area. So instead of just going straight to the details of the customer for the purpose of editing, it would show some info on them.

Ultimately, this would allow more granular focus on particular client relationships instead of just a “revenue” approach. I see this as being relatively easy to implement, and having some serious benefit to management and ownership in terms of understanding clients, terms, cash flow issues, etc.

To the second: Yes to the statements, I use frequently. I’m referring to something a little more involved and client-focused though, that doesn’t require a manual send, and shows a more robust client-centric experience of how THEY are doing with their vendor history, right at the invoice level. Large, complex, involved, yes! Ultimate digital end user experience, absolutely. :)

Thanks!

R.
  • Options
    MiasSteenbergMiasSteenberg Member Posts: 3

Include Summary in column headings.

It's hard to see what invoice you are looking for.