Received a fraudulent notice of payment

nioseniose Member Posts: 3

My husband received this fraudulent notice of payment. I know it’s not from waveapps because the email and website that pulled up was a different url. Please notify waveapps and your customers.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @niose,

You are right to call this out. Wave's name and information is being used in a malicious email campaign. This email is not being sent by Wave or a Wave affiliate. Our security teams are aware of the situation and are working diligently with all necessary parties to carry out an investigation. We at Wave take your security, the security of your data, and of your businesses extremely seriously.

If you have clicked the link, please let us know as soon as possible so we can forward your information to our security teams. We also advise you to change your password as soon as possible.

edited February 1, 2018
  • nioseniose Member Posts: 3

Ok great...I did click the link, just to see where it goes, and it went to a different link. This is the first time I’ve signed in to wave app. I knew it was serious enough to inform you.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks @niose! Our team is on it now. Really appreciate you taking the time to notify us, and for being cautious enough to recognize and address such a message.

Welcome, in any case! Please do feel free to post and/or try out Wave if you're interested. :)

edited February 1, 2018
  • nioseniose Member Posts: 3

Will do! Thanks!